A serious proposal for acquiring DeMarco Murray

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He broke last year around week 12. He was really starting to look worn down

True. I absolutely loved him last year.
The effort.
The fire.
The dependability that he never displayed before and then by week 12 you could see it.
He was getting overcooked. He slowed significantly.

He is a powerful back. He would have been truly amazing heading up a semi RBBC by taking 20-25 (at most) carries every game and the rest giving him breathers.
He gets 1300 yards... maybe he keep him cheaper.
But...

What happened, happened and he DOES (and always had) get injured a lot. I don't care how. He does and he is AGAIN.
The Eagles can keep him forever.

superonyx

Reaction score
People act like he's been injured over half of his career except for last year (which he played through injuries, go figure) and guess what:
It's happening again. After a near historic workload.
Who couldn't see something like this coming and this is ONLY week 2.
Wheeeeee....

ESPN says his injury isn't considered serious and he is listed as questionable for this weekend.

I'm a cowboys fan and hate the Eagles so I hope he doesn't play. But his injuries, YPC or hard times do not make me feel better about Randles 2.8 YPC last weekend or 3.4 YPC for the season so far. Nor does it make me feel any better about McFaddens 2.9 YPC on the season so far.

The fact that people take joy in bad things happening to Murray just shows how insecure we feel over his replacements. We should be better than this.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
ESPN says his injury isn't considered serious and he is listed as questionable for this weekend.

I'm a cowboys fan and hate the Eagles so I hope he doesn't play. But his injuries, YPC or hard times do not make me feel better about Randles 2.8 YPC last weekend or 3.4 YPC for the season so far. Nor does it make me feel any better about McFaddens 2.9 YPC on the season so far.

The fact that people take joy in bad things happening to Murray just shows how insecure we feel over his replacements. We should be better than this.

I enjoy the ride, not the personal stuff. Get that right, right now.
You can get that, can't you? I think you can...

This guys is already having the hammies at Week 2?
Yup, it may be nothing major, but this is the beginning. You don't think so? Cool.
I do.

I haven't talked about the Cowboys running game here in this thread now, have I?
But if Murray's breaking down there by week 2?
He's breaking down here by week 4.

Then what? Randle and Dunbar.
For who knows how long.
AND...
We are paying big bucks for MMA RB who's not playing on top of what we already have.
Wheeeeeee!!!

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people want to step right in front of the bullet they just dodged.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
The Eagles are notorious for making daring trades. How about we offer them our fifth round pick in next year's draft, and they give us Murray while taking on the amount of his contract that makes our responsibility equal to what we offered him in the first place? No, I don't know the details on how to make this happen, but I bet it's doable.

Yes, I'm serious. I think the Eagles would listen... DeMarco would be thrilled, and we'd have our stud back.

Dude, lay down the blunt. When you come down you'll realize just how stupid this idea is.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Why would anyone want this guy back when he has proven exactly what the Cowboys thought ........ that he is mediocre (at best) without this O-line?

Please go back to fading.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles are notorious for making daring trades. How about we offer them our fifth round pick in next year's draft, and they give us Murray while taking on the amount of his contract that makes our responsibility equal to what we offered him in the first place? No, I don't know the details on how to make this happen, but I bet it's doable.

Yes, I'm serious. I think the Eagles would listen... DeMarco would be thrilled, and we'd have our stud back.

LOL.

There isn't a chance in hell the Eagles would trade Murray back to us. Stop.

Murray isn't struggling because he stinks all of a sudden and the Eagles want to dump him now. He stinks because every time he gets the ball, there are 3 defenders on him in the backfield. Their OL has been horrible.

RunDMC

Reaction score
I'd love to have DeMarco back, but not at that current price. Hell to the no.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Typical knee jerk reaction from fans based on emotions and not facts. We were behind in the Giants game and had too many penalties that killed drives in the Eagles game yet fans are not happy with the running game. SMH. Please watch the games because you obviously haven't or you would understand what I'm saying.

superonyx

Reaction score
Typical knee jerk reaction from fans based on emotions and not facts. We were behind in the Giants game and had too many penalties that killed drives in the Eagles game yet fans are not happy with the running game. SMH. Please watch the games because you obviously haven't or you would understand what I'm saying.

What does us being behind in the Giants game have to do with our backs average 3 or less yards per carry?
How does too many penalties cause us to have a terrible YPC average?
I've watched every Cowboys game since the mid 80's. Should we be happy with 3 YPC? The complaint isn't just total yards...its poor production when we do run. I'm glad you are happy with that.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What does us being behind in the Giants game have to do with our backs average 3 or less yards per carry?
I've watched every Cowboys game since the mid 80's. Should we be happy with 3 YPC? The complaint isn't just total yards...its poor production when we do run. I'm glad you are happy with that.
Randle's ypc was >4 in the Giants game.
Murray's ypc was 2.6 the last time we played the Eagles.
(And not for nothing, every one of our RBs has around double the yards per reception that Murray had last year.)
In the words of Aaron Rodgers, "relax."

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Aaah, so it's the stats that have you worried. That makes me think you didn't watch the game.

superonyx

Reaction score
Aaah, so it's the stats that have you worried. That makes me think you didn't watch the game.

No it's actually our inability to establish the run game...stats are just a measuring stick. You watch the game and then tell me we have a dominating run game like we had last year.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it's actually our inability to establish the run game...stats are just a measuring stick. You watch the game and then tell me we have a dominating run game like we had last year.
I've watched the Eagles game, and before that, I went back and watched the Eagles games from last year. I didn't see much difference in the run game.

Also, I don't see how anyone could've watched last week's game and felt that a different RB would have made a big difference. The blocking was by far the more significant issue.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I want Murray to fail solely because he took less money than was offered elsewhere to play for a division rival. No reason other than that is needed.

Not that I care a whit about YPC for the current backs, after two games or otherwise. But put me down as somebody not remotely worried about the RB position and who thinks that the first two weeks have shown that the issue, if anything, is with the OL and its penalties. Not crushing it on a YPC basis last week against that PHI front is the least of my worries. I'll keep the pass rush, thank you. Philly can have Demarco, for all the good he's doing them.

superonyx

Reaction score
I've watched the Eagles game, and before that, I went back and watched the Eagles games from last year. I didn't see much difference in the run game.

Also, I don't see how anyone could've watched last week's game and felt that a different RB would have made a big difference. The blocking was by far the more significant issue.

No you didn't.

Oh I see...same OL as Murray ran behind yet different results.

Regardless of who's fault it is the reality is that we no longer have a running game that is feared. If we don't figure it out and teach our offensive line how to block once again then it's not going to be pretty watching The Weeds throwing into coverage.

I don't understand how our OL forgot how to block this summer. Sucks though.