A short list of fan fantasies that won’t happen

BoysForLife

Reaction score
kinda my thought.

jones back off parcells, so he can back off on a proven guy. rumors are bill wants to prove it was him, not just brady. at least a brady in his prime. :) payton is under contract so that's an easy call.

zimmer - let's hope this is correct and he's not coming here.

I honestly don't get the Zimmer negativity.
We had for the most part pretty solid defenses when he ran the show here and that trend has continued for him in Minnesota.
When he was DC in Cincinnati, the year before he took over they were the 24th ranked scoring defense. His first year they went to 19th and then his 2nd year they were 6th best in points allowed. they had one bad defensive year during his tenure but his last 3 years they were 9th, 8th and 5th in points allowed.

I'm not saying Mike Zimmer is a Hall of Fame coach but he seems to do a pretty good job wherever he's at.
I like the guy and his style.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I honestly don't get the Zimmer negativity.
We had for the most part pretty solid defenses when he ran the show here and that trend has continued for him in Minnesota.
When he was DC in Cincinnati, the year before he took over they were the 24th ranked scoring defense. His first year they went to 19th and then his 2nd year they were 6th best in points allowed. they had one bad defensive year during his tenure but his last 3 years they were 9th, 8th and 5th in points allowed.

I'm not saying Mike Zimmer is a Hall of Fame coach but he seems to do a pretty good job wherever he's at.
I like the guy and his style.
for me, i just feel we've been there, done that. i think we'd improve some but not enough with him as coach. could be wrong - i'm just some dude watching from a recliner in my living room. :)

but there is at least some form of change and that alone gives me hope.