A shout out to tonight refs

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I normally try not to ***** about the refs but tonight it was so blatant that it could not be ignored.

The Witten block call was totally bogus.

The Owens Offensive pass interference was bogus.

The holding call on Flo on the MBIII run was bogus as was the lack of a face mask call against the Bears D on the same play.

The halftime clock fiasco.

The absence of a horsecollar call when they pulled one of our guys down (don't remember who it was...JJ I think).

Then there were a ton of non-calls against the Bears for illegal contact and holding.

It looked like they finally realized that the Cowboys were going to kick the Bears butts anyway so they chilled a little with the bogus calls in the second half. They realized it wasn't working and if they'd kept it up enough to affect the outcome of the game the NFL would have had to look at it.

Haley94

Reaction score
It's been a long time since we've been able to beat bad officiating. We've got to feel good about that.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I'm glad we overcame adversity and stomped the Bears but good lord. The refs made several outragous calls tonight. Absolutely pathetic.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
those rotten sob's should be banned from ever officiating another nfl game ever.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;1665864 said:
I'm glad we overcame adversity and stomped the Bears but good lord. The refs made several outragous calls tonight. Absolutely pathetic.

pathetic is too good a word for those a- holes.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
lane;1665896 said:
those rotten sob's should be banned from ever officiating another nfl game ever.

I agree. I'm more than ticked at them trying to steal the game from us. It usually makes a person look bad to believe in a conspiracy but I don't care. These guys were just plain crooked tonight. Whether they had money on the game or were paid off doesn't matter to me. They should never ref another game.

FCBarca

Reaction score
JackMagist;1665822 said:
I normally try not to ***** about the refs but tonight it was so blatant that it could not be ignored.

The holding call on Flo on the MBIII run was bogus as was the lack of a face mask call against the Bears D on the same play.

The absence of a horsecollar call when they pulled one of our guys down (don't remember who it was...JJ I think).

Then there were a ton of non-calls against the Bears for illegal contact and holding.

It looked like they finally realized that the Cowboys were going to kick the Bears butts anyway so they chilled a little with the bogus calls in the second half. They realized it wasn't working and if they'd kept it up enough to affect the outcome of the game the NFL would have had to look at it.

The amazing fact was that it happened twice, almost on successive plays...The 2nd time it occurred with Barber and half the offense were standing around the ref asking why there was no penalty...Amazing...The rule was created due to Roy Williams and apparently the only one to get called for it is Roy.

Refs were utter crap tonight...Truly amazing, nearly 100% onesided...Pathetic

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
FCBarca;1665929 said:
The amazing fact was that it happened twice, almost on successive plays...The 2nd time it occurred with Barber and half the offense were standing around the ref asking why there was no penalty...Amazing...The rule was created due to Roy Williams and apparently the only one to get called for it is Roy.

Refs were utter crap tonight...Truly amazing, nearly 100% onesided...Pathetic
I think it was 100%. I can't think of one questionable call that went against the Bears.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
JackMagist;1665822 said:

That one was not a horse collar. There's a misunderstanding of the rule cuz it's called the "horse collar" rule, but you have to do more then just tackle someone by pulling them down by the horse collar.

It's a penalty when you grab the guy's collar, then use your body weight to jerk him down. On the JuJo run, the defender pulled him down by the collar, but did NOT go down himself and use his body weight to help bring JuJo down. Roy DID do that on his tackle.

Again, people think that cuz it's called the "Horse collar" rule that anytime you bring someone down by the collar that it's a penatly, but it isn't.