A strong case for Urban Meyer as next Cowboys coach

cern

Reaction score
don't have a dog in this race but wouldn't the city have to raise taxes, put it to a vote and approve location and permits so on so forth. Seems you would want public support to get that part of it done.
They do with any new stadium anywhere. They give tax abatements to entice new construction. The do call for referendums to get a vote on tax increases. But they ultimately profit handsomely from the new venue and thereby are better able to provide better services to their city. And the outlying area typically experiences growth. Works out for everyone.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
They do with any new stadium anywhere. They give tax abatements to entice new construction. The do call for referendums to get a vote on tax increases. But they ultimately profit handsomely from the new venue and thereby are better able to provide better services to their city. And the outlying area typically experiences growth. Works out for everyone.
Or you end up playing in Vegas like the Chargers and Raiders.

cern

Reaction score
Or you end up playing in Vegas like the Chargers and Raiders.
Team owners make decisions based on them increasing their profit. Nevada has no state income tax. California one of the highest. Property taxes are among the lowest of the states. And that is why the raiders are going to Las Vegas.

EJK24

Reaction score
The problem is the brain tumor, Booger.

I agree that he Jerry is the bigger issue, however, I think we still need to look for a new head coach.

Yes, Jerry says and does things that make it seem difficult on a coach and I'm not denying that at all. He says/does things we all wish he wouldn't but I dont think that means we cant do better then Garrett.

If Garrett were a proven coach who got the job done in the playoffs or had a superbowl on his resume then I can see people saying what's the point. My issue is he hasn't proven hes the guy for this team and to give him a pass because Jerry is also a problem, just makes things worse doesnt it?

Why wouldnt we want a better coach even if Jerry is still around? Hes an issue but Garrett hasn't done anything to justify keeping his job and that, to me, needs to be addressed regardless of Jerry.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is my strong case:
th
or
th