A team with a real QB will blow San Francisco out

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't know why he waits until the end of the game to start playing well. It's bizarre.

Becsuse it’s garbage time and there is no pressure on him, meaning he’s just decisive. So he’s just throwing it, win or lose.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Becsuse it’s garbage time and there is no pressure on him, meaning he’s just decisive. So he’s just throwing it, win or lose.

He's done the same thing when we were just trailing too.

He waits until the end to start playing well. That needs to stop.

DFWJC

Reaction score
49ers have won 9 of last 11 now with wins over a bunch of playoff teams.

khiladi

Reaction score
49ers have won 9 of last 11 now with wins over a bunch of playoff teams.

They should have lost though. The special teams of GB was horrible. This was one of those games GB let them hang around and the physical team beat them at the end. A blocked FG and blocked punt for a TD. JG should have had like two pick 6s.

This wasn’t a game where you say they outplayed the opposing team,

The last selection of play calling by GB to throw those type of passes was horrible play calling as well. They didn’t even run it once.

DFWJC

Reaction score
They should have lost though. The special teams of GB was horrible. This was one of those games GB let them hang around and the physical team beat them at the end. A blocked FG and blocked punt for a TD. JG should have had like two pick 6s.

The last selection of play calling by GB to throw those type of passes was horrible play calling as well. They didn’t even run it once.
No doubt they should've lost.
Green Bay offense out scored San Fran offense
Green Bays defense held San Fran to less points than San Frans defense Green Bay
Yet they still somehow lost

I’d for sure fire the ST coach.

Flamma

Reaction score

Anytime you let a team stay within one score, it's a bit of a stretch to say either team should have lost. Because anything can happen to give either team the win. Green Bay could have all but put them away by getting a TD instead of a FG that put them up 10-3. But they didn't. How many possessions in a row did GB go 3 and out after their initial drive for a TD? This was all first half stuff and before it started snowing. You can blame special teams all you want, but you can't ignore the rest of the game. There's no "should have won" when you're withing 1 score all game.

The Falcons should have won up 28-3 in the SB. Miracle at the meadowlands and the music city miracle were both times the team that should have won, lost. Not this game. I thought the 49ers were the second best playoff team in the NFC. I said as much in the thread when people were yelling at me for picking them to beat us. So them beating the Packers comes as no huge surprise to me. Snow or no snow.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I don't know why he waits until the end of the game to start playing well. It's bizarre.

May be he just goes for it , rather than playing cautious and fearing a turnover.

That style can work if you have a D that can get their O off the field . Been around long enough to remover most 3rd and 6 or more meant 3mand outs more often than not.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

wonder how many times in the playoffs a team has that FG / punt block combo combined with a TD as a result from either one.

somehow the fates were with niners. Yes GB may have bad special,teams but blocks without penalties don’t seem to happen that often

mahoneybill

Reaction score
How about this scenario. Brady retires , Rodgers goes to Tampa to replace him feeling Arians will get him back to promised land. He talks Tampa into a 2 for. Him and Adams package.