A/V Sync Issues

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Just downloaded Rocky Balboa. The DVDScreener.. It is out of sync by 350ms. I can fix it in VLC Media player just with the settings. But how do I fix it manually? So I can just burn it and not worry about the sync issues. BTW it is XViD encoded.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Download VirtualDub: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/VirtualDub.htm

Unzip it and run VDub.

Open your video file in VDub (using File > Open video file).
Click AUDIO > Full Processing Mode.
Click AUDIO > Interleaving
Set your "Delay Audio Track by" to 350ms. Use a positive 350ms if the audio is too early, or -350ms if the audio is playing too late.

Click VIDEO > Direct Stream Copy

Click FILE > Save as AVI
and save you video file.

This will ONLY adjust the audio sync and will not change anything with the video. This will work pretty quick as well because all it will do is render the audio and not do anything with the video.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
Thanks tek! I used this method though. I would've used yours, but I didn't check back here in time.
To fix this release perfectly you just need these 2 programs

AVI-MUX http://www.alexander-noe.com/video/amg/

AVI-SPLITTER http://www.brizsoft.com/avisplit/

The avi-splitter is a 7 day free trial.

Do this,

Open avi-splitter load the Rocky avi set the start point at the start then set the end point at 46.55.8 frame 67514 now save that as Rocky1-good then when its done (its fast) just click set start then move the slider to the end of the film and set end save that as Rocky2-good.

Now open avi-mux and load the Rocky2-good then press "generate data source from files" in the white box below you will see a video and an audio click the audio then in the box that apears to the right type in 350 (this is the ms delay) then click start and save as Rocky2-synced.

Then open avi-mux again and load in this order Rocky1-good and Rocky2-synced highlight both (hold control while selecting) and click "generate data source from files" then click start and save as Rocky-GOOD when done you will have a fully in sync Rocky Balboa screener to watch or convert to dvd.

TEK2000

Reaction score
My way sure seems a lot easier. :)

By the way, how is the movie? Good/Bad?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
otero1;1251652 said:
Just downloaded Rocky Balboa. The DVDScreener.. It is out of sync by 350ms. I can fix it in VLC Media player just with the settings. But how do I fix it manually? So I can just burn it and not worry about the sync issues. BTW it is XViD encoded.

Hey wait a minute so you downloaded the movie? Or just a preview?

I went to see it yesterday morning and the movie was fantastic. I love rocky so I am biased, but it was very good and I am glad they made it.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
theebs;1252286 said:
Hey wait a minute so you downloaded the movie? Or just a preview?

I went to see it yesterday morning and the movie was fantastic. I love rocky so I am biased, but it was very good and I am glad they made it.
The movie. The actual DVD screener... :)

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
otero1;1252536 said:
The movie. The actual DVD screener... :)

Geez. be careful, I imagine wherever you get that from your ip is being logged.

I liked it so much I am going to see it again next week!