A win, I guess. Just not impressed

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Part of being a fan is being a critic. Much like when we’re watching the game. We’re calling out a bad call , a penalty , dropped pass, over throw , a fumble, etc. and cheer when we do something right . Who stands and cheers the entire game?

I certainly don't stand and cheer the whole game, and I yell at the TV and some of the play calls, and some of the missed opportunities, and I get frustrated like anyone else. But there is a point that some fans go from talking reasonably about the concerns they have, to just making up nonsensical things to gripe about.

For example, it's perfectly reasonable to be concerned about the Cowboys offense not playing well at the first of the season - it's a very real concern. But to suggest that somehow translates into an 0-2 team blowing the Cowboys out is nowhere near reasonable. It's just someone letting emotion render them irrational.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It was a given that whether we won by 3 TD’s or by a FG, it wasn’t going to be a worthy win, even when most pundits were saying the Giants were better than the Cowboys just a month ago, and even when prognosticators predicted a win for the Giants leading up to game.

Cliche or not, it was only game 2 and something to build off of.
cowboys were favored in this game.....

and it was an ugly game by the offense, but that defense looked dominant.....

but if giants are 0-4, then how big does this win look? its early in the season...our offense doesn't look good.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Panthers and G-Strings have above average offenses hamstrung by below average QBs. So no true test yet but here comes Russell Wilson.
the seahawks are putrid. its all about Wilson making plays. contain him and that offense is bottled up. we should win this game. if we don't I will be disappointed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I certainly don't stand and cheer the whole game, and I yell at the TV and some of the play calls, and some of the missed opportunities, and I get frustrated like anyone else. But there is a point that some fans go from talking reasonably about the concerns they have, to just making up nonsensical things to gripe about.

For example, it's perfectly reasonable to be concerned about the Cowboys offense not playing well at the first of the season - it's a very real concern. But to suggest that somehow translates into an 0-2 team blowing the Cowboys out is nowhere near reasonable. It's just someone letting emotion render them irrational.
Of course it is. But why waste time with irrational fans? You’re much better than that.

Attending games all those years made me realize how irrational, rude and ignorant many fans are.