AAF starts games Feb 9

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Will the NFL be scouting the new league? Might some players who just missed making the NFL but have a full AAF season to compete in do so well that a small % of them show enough to raise a few eyebrows?

Maybe some OL or Safety or DL stands out, if so what Dallas do? Summer camp invite? Does playing all spring ruin them for playing in the Fall?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Will the NFL be scouting the new league? Might some players who just missed making the NFL but have a full AAF season to compete in do so well that a small % of them show enough to raise a few eyebrows?

Maybe some OL or Safety or DL stands out, if so what Dallas do? Summer camp invite? Does playing all spring ruin them for playing in the Fall?

The NFL is looking to partner with a developmental league and the Alliance is their unofficial favorite. There are too many AAF executives and coaches with serious NFL ties.

As far as the games, I'm organizing a group sales event at my job to attend the first Phoenix game on February 10th.

conner01

Reaction score
The problem with any minor league type football is the quality of competition
There are players over looked every year so there is the chance a player or two could get seen and get a shot
But the receivers will be hurt by lack of QB’s, the RB’s by lack of blockers and so on
I think every team will be scouting just like they do Canadian league players but even there few make it to the nfl
I’ve always thought more Canadian league players could but few have

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Will probably check out San Antonio since Daryl Johnston is the GM.

Since it seems to be more friendly towards the NFL and has a decent enough backbone with some support from people like Polian, perhaps this is the developmental league to complement the league that is sorely needed.

Right now, there are times where there are not enough QBs and OL that come out that can be quality players. Perhaps this can help a little.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Anything is of that possibility, heck,I've read where our highly coveted HEAD COACH hisself
( whose coaching casing-liner WOULD BE CURRENTLY CLAWED AT& grippingly GLOMMED UPON by @ least 5 other competitively PRESTIGIOUS PROFESSIONAL FRANCHISE FOOTBALLISH fraternities,,, ER,,,were HE To be made AVAILABLE,,,, mind you)
Sharpened his perting egg tooth in that there arena league in the debarkation of his quested BONA FIDEDS:thumbup:o_O:thumbup:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I’ve always thought more Canadian league players could but few have

The style of football is different, the physical prototypes for the CFL are different. Makes it harder sometimes.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Will probably check out San Antonio since Daryl Johnston is the GM.

Since it seems to be more friendly than the NFL and has a decent enough backbone, perhaps this is the developmental league to complement the league that is sorely needed.

Right now, there are times where there are not enough QBs and OL that come out that can be quality players. Perhaps this can help a little.
That is a very good envisioned possible prospective,ALEX:bow:

personally ,I was gonna
( sight unseen/ bag over the head) pull for the Vegas outlaws,,,er,,,or whatever their called up their,as I can be there in about 6 hours road toolin' time,,,:thumbup:

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
Remember this name : Larry Rose III
RB for Arizona Hotshots. Signed as a FA with the Rams and then the Titans. He'll be on someone's "watch" list.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I'm just excited for more football! Since I learn from this forum that you don't have to be a fans of a team base on proximity. I don't think I will be a San Diego Fleet fan like I am a Chargers fan. I think my team will be the Orlando Apollos because I was suppose to move to Orlando back in 02 but it never happened. And I really want to live in Orlando!

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
I know of a former NFL player (Conner Hamlett) that is playing for the Arizona Hotshots. So there is some former NFL players looking at this league to get a potential another shot at the NFL. So in a way at least it might be kind of a minor league for the NFL.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I know of a former NFL player (Conner Hamlett) that is playing for the Arizona Hotshots. So there is some former NFL players looking at this league to get a potential another shot at the NFL. So in a way at least it might be kind of a minor league for the NFL.

I just realize I won't be able to watch since it not on local other than the first game. Guess they don't want viewers. :(

Turtle0986

Reaction score
I am checking out there games this weekend. I am going to root for SA, but I probably follow the Salt Lake team as well since a few of there players were at Nebraska, a couple of them were good in college. And I like there is more football on as well the AAF could help some players get a shot in the NFL.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
Several former Cowboys are in this league, including Gavin Escobar, Marquez White, Nick Folk, Sterling Moore, Duke Thomas and Dustin Vaughn, so there's bound to be a lot of former NFLers overall.

Hardline

Reaction score
All it took was a fake pro football league to make Trent Richardson look like a decent RB.