Aaron Donald

robjay04

Reaction score
What would you give up for Aaron Donald? Also keep in mind that he will be the highest paid player on the roster by a mile.

I know it's a pipe dream...maybe if it was a WR and this is old Jerry. Regardless, this would give Jerry his "war daddy" and allow this team to fully maximize these next 2-3 seasons while Dak is on his rookie deal. I'm just curious what people think of his value considering what you will have to pay him as well.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Great player, but you don't win games because of him. He'd be worth too much I'd be willing to give up.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Donald isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. He will get an adjusted on his deal.

robjay04

Reaction score
Donald isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. He will get an adjusted on his deal.

I don't think he is but anything can happen.

Management in general has to be growing tired of it at this point. Correct me if I'm wrong but he is still under contract...this isn't even his fifth year option. Zack Martin or Odell could be doing the same thing right now but they're not.

If a team is willing to meet his demands and they handsomely compensate then who know what could happen...

John813

Reaction score
They would ask for the moon for Donald. No reason to go less than the franchise tag price for him.
You would give up first round pick(s) and then fork over a deal that would average around 20m a year.

haleyrules

Reaction score
They would ask for the moon for Donald. No reason to go less than the franchise tag price for him.
You would give up first round pick(s) and then fork over a deal that would average around 20m a year.
No.

John813

Reaction score
Great player, but you don't win games because of him. He'd be worth too much I'd be willing to give up.

I feel the same way.

I've watched Suh his entire career in Miami.
Is he still an excellent player? Yes. He gets double/triple teamed at times.
However, even with a franchise player at DT, the Dolphins still sucked at stopping the run/getting consistent pressure on the QB.
The Dolphins even back when they had the trio of Wake, Vernon and Suh didn't become a doomsday line.
Their linebackers were crap, so teams could still run on them. Then when they lost Wake for the year, teams could just focus on Vernon and Suh. All that money on Suh and Wake, Vernon on his ELC, and they couldn't mask the holes on the lb core
I don't see adding a Suh/Donald like player at the cost of what their second contract can be, as a worthy investment. Rather give that huge deal to an elite edge rusher, in a vacuum of course.