Video: Aaron Rodgers Draft Day Slide & MUCH MORE! 2005 Caught in the Draft

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is an interesting watch even if it is just for the Cowboys Portion of it.

One of the parts that was interesting was the choice of Matt Millen, still with the Lions at that time, taking WR Mike Williams.
They show Millens son, who was working with the team saying they all wanted Ware. Steve Mariucci, coach there at the time, said they did not want Williams. Someone else got in Millens ear and they took Williams. They show Mooch being interviewed after the pick and you can see him trying to spin the company line lol

So If not for the last minute change, We would not have taken Ware as the lions would have.
Which makes me wonder if they would have taken Merriman or Spears at that spot.

Carson

Reaction score
This is an interesting watch even if it is just for the Cowboys Portion of it.

One of the parts that was interesting was the choice of Matt Millen, still with the Lions at that time, taking WR Mike Williams.
They show Millens son, who was working with the team saying they all wanted Ware. Steve Mariucci, coach there at the time, said they did not want Williams. Someone else got in Millens ear and they took Williams. They show Mooch being interviewed after the pick and you can see him trying to spin the company line lol

So If not for the last minute change, We would not have taken Ware as the lions would have.
Which makes me wonder if they would have taken Merriman or Spears at that spot.
It would've been Spears. They reported that they wanted to take Spears in Ware's spot. I believe it was Bill who overruled them and got both of their picks. But no doubt they would've taken Spears

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would've been Spears. They reported that they wanted to take Spears in Ware's spot. I believe it was Bill who overruled them and got both of their picks. But no doubt they would've taken Spears

Bill was the one who wanted Spears first. Thankfully he was overruled because we would have lost out on Ware and/or Merriman.

timb2

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is buying a house near Nashville,TN.. Look for him to be traded to the Titans.