Aaron Rodgers proves my point even further

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This topic is emotionally charged enough. It doesn't help if you guys fall to attacking each other personally and bring it from thread to thread. Please stick to the topics so we don't have to over moderate or shut threads down unnecessarily.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To the OP, this is a dumb thing for Rodgers to say. The camera men are working and not protesting, and their job requires them to work through the anthem. If that sort of exception didn't exist, enemy soldiers would just play the anthem on a loop whenever we had soldiers in the field to get them to stand without cover.

This thing is tough enough to sort out without people resorting to intentionally obtuse arguments. Rodgers should know better.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he keep saying the same story in thread to thread we cannot respond to it?

Not sure what you're referring to as far as his story goes, but claims of stolen valor without evidence isn't something we want getting into every thread. And responding to the poster and not to the topic, while allowed, drives these controversial topics into a ditch 9 times out of 10.

Which you guys are free to do. Just know it leads to topics disappearing and, eventually, suspensions as tempers flare. And it takes more work from the staff to watch everything closely. So just don't blow up my PM box when it happens.

EDIT: And, to be clear, a claim of stolen valor that was provable is something I'd personally take very very seriously. I think that's a ****** thing to do. Unfortunately, this is the internet where such claims are tough to insubstantiate. So, we work with what we've got.

Ghost12

Reaction score
To the OP, this is a dumb thing for Rodgers to say. The camera men are working and not protesting, and their job requires them to work through the anthem. If that sort of exception didn't exist, enemy soldiers would just play the anthem on a loop whenever we had soldiers in the field to get them to stand without cover.

This thing is tough enough to sort out without people resorting to intentionally obtuse arguments. Rodgers should know better.
7ac.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Once again showing you are the Sultan of common sense. Thank you. :clap:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

It doesn't matter if they are working or not. The flag is so sacred they should be standing up like everyone else. Don't be naive enough to think that a player not protesting and just sitting because he wanted to wouldn't cause the racists to attack him. This just proves that the anthem isn't as sacred as y'all say it is.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

I think theres something more to it though if we step back and look at the big picture. Its still a respect thing. Making money is more important than stopping for 60 seconds?

My grandparents like to say "remember back in the day, when a funeral procession went by, other drivers would pull over, the men would get out on the side of the road and remove their hats to show respect" Its kind of the same thing.

If stopping and standing is the respectful thing, then anything else isnt respectful. Which is where we can start removing emotions from the argument and thinking more logically.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
well if they weren't protesting there would not be need for all those camera men to be there taking their picture :muttley:
lol I'm sure that's the next excuse I hear from the deflectors. In the military nobody moves during the anthem. Is it respect or money? @Idgit can answer that since he put on his cape to defend his fellow people

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think theres something more to it though if we step back and look at the big picture. Its still a respect thing. Making money is more important than stopping for 60 seconds?

My grandparents like to say "remember back in the day, when a funeral procession went by, other drivers would pull over, the men would get out on the side of the road and remove their hats to show respect" Its kind of the same thing.

If stopping and standing is the respectful thing, then anything else isnt respectful. Which is where we can start removing emotions from the argument and thinking more logically.

I'm all for respect, but you can't have things happening during a game that require the people televising the game to stop doing their job of televising. There are millions of people viewing the game who conceivably benefit from those cameramen doing their jobs. It's not reasonable to ask them not to. Whereas, everybody else who works for the network and who isn't specifically operating a camera *do* observe the moment of silence and the time for the anthem.

jrumann59

Reaction score
lol I'm sure that's the next excuse I hear from the deflectors. In the military nobody moves during the anthem. Is it respect or money? @Idgit can answer that since he put on his cape to defend his fellow people
Actually there are times where one does not have to stand attention as it pertains to the flag. There are exceptions everywhere.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Yes, because the NFL can't provide stationary cameras during the sacred anthem and have the cameraman stand up :rolleyes:.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn't matter if they are working or not. The flag is so sacred they should be standing up like everyone else. Don't be naive enough to think that a player not protesting and just sitting because he wanted to wouldn't cause the racists to attack him. This just proves that the anthem isn't as sacred as y'all say it is.

That's silly. It's their job to record what happens. That's like saying the people who sing the anthem or who play music for it ought to sit still while the anthem is being played. No. The cameramen are part of the presentation of the song as far as the broadcast is concerned.

And it's gross that you try to lump people who don't like the snub of the anthem in with people who are actually racist, by the way. Like, that stuff is really offensive to some of us, and completely unhelpful to the discussion at hand.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Who makes these exceptions?

The snowflakes.

In all my years of watching sporting events at bars, restaurants, at friends and family homes, etc, the only time I've seen people stand for the national anthem is live or by sheer coincidence (server delivering food to table, friends heading to bathroom to piss, etc).

So there are clearly exceptions to the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.