Aaron Rodgers proves my point even further

Status
Not open for further replies.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I'm all for respect, but you can't have things happening during a game that require the people televising the game to stop doing their job of televising. There are millions of people viewing the game who conceivably benefit from those cameramen doing their jobs. It's not reasonable to ask them not to. Whereas, everybody else who works for the network and who isn't specifically operating a camera *do* observe the moment of silence and the time for the anthem.

Maybe 50 years ago.

Cameras can track objects and systems work in such an automated manner these days.

Who needs the still photos the photographers were taking any way? We had live video.

Thats why I think the meme going around with "You on Sunday during the anthem" and shows a dude sitting on his couch drinking beer is so important to this discussion.

I had someone tell me the other day "well, I think it only matters if you're actually AT the venue"...really? So respect only matters by location?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe 50 years ago.

Cameras can track objects and systems work in such an automated manner these days.

Who needs the still photos the photographers were taking any way? We had live video.

Thats why I think the meme going around with "You on Sunday during the anthem" and shows a dude sitting on his couch drinking beer is so important to this discussion.

I had someone tell me the other day "well, I think it only matters if you're actually AT the venue"...really? So respect only matters by location?

The dudes with the cameras were there working for a reason. The rest is academic. It isn't the same thing as either sitting or kneeling in protest, and every reasonable person who's not more concerned with making a contrived argument to the contrary understands that.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Rodgers point wasn't to be obtuse, but to point out the irony in this whole situation because context and POV is key here. Argue if you will about "working" during the anthem, but what was the excuse going to be for the guy wearing the hat?

If we want to use context however, and decide, "ah, yes.. the cameraman can kneel because he's working, there's more to this photo than what's being shown". Then to be fair, we have to continue using context and realize the players are not simply kneeling to offend americans but there is something more going on here .

Picking and choosing what to be offended by with people within 3 feet of each other is the exact irony that Rodgers is talking about.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

:lmao: Add this to the hypocrisy of the military people I see day in and day out run inside of buildings to avoid saluting at attention to the flag. It's time to say why y'all are REALLY mad hmmmmmm

We had a guy jump in the trunk of his car to get out of colors.

About the funniest **** I have ever seen

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It doesn't matter if they are working or not. The flag is so sacred they should be standing up like everyone else. Don't be naive enough to think that a player not protesting and just sitting because he wanted to wouldn't cause the racists to attack him. This just proves that the anthem isn't as sacred as y'all say it is.

I guess the secret service should stand and face the flag and ignore threats while guarding the president.

How about guys in a foxhole under fire if they here it on the radio?

I'm going to call you Jadeveon...

Status
Not open for further replies.