Aaron Rodgers wins 2021 MVP award

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Because Rodgers had a talented team around him during both MVP seasons

You mean the team that only has one WR and 4/5 of their O line was injured for most of the year?

The reason he is a worthy MVP is because he has consistently carried lesser rosters to winning records & playoffs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You mean the team that only has one WR and 4/5 of their O line was injured for most of the year?

The reason he is a worthy MVP is because he has consistently carried lesser rosters to winning records & playoffs.
Yeah, it could be argued that Dallas has a deeper WR group and usually a better line than GB. And until very recently, we had better RBs too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No, it's Trey Lance time in SF.
Yep
Not sure that bodes will for the 49ers, but I agree.
They traded way up to get him so they need to let the kid have a go at it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
They traded way up to get him so they need to let the kid have a go at it.

But their front office is smart enough to make a rational decision rather than simply capital invested.
I believe it was Montana who said just this week that Lance wasn't ready. If the FO agrees, I feel confident they will try to get another QB for upcoming year. (I think they will make a run at Rodgers).
Doesn't mean they will be successful but I certainly believe their FO believes they have a window & that better QB play would have them in the big dance.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Brady came in second and Cooper Kupp only got one vote. It’s become strictly a QB award.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Aaron winning it. He did guide his team to the best record.
But Kupp was my preference. The dude is just phenomenal.
Spread the love beyond just quarterbacks.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Rodgers is so cocky that he knew he was going to win his 4th MVP.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33260270/green-bay-packers-quarterback-aaron-rodgers-hints-thinks-win-fourth-mvp-award?platform=amp

JJHLH1

Reaction score

And how did the MVP play in the playoffs?

10 points of total offense.

O TDs

McKDaddy

Reaction score
And how did the MVP play in the playoffs?

10 points of total offense.

O TDs

He played well enough to win at 2 degrees. Do you forget that it was special teams that cost them the game?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
He played well enough to win at 2 degrees. Do you forget that it was special teams that cost them the game?

Leading the offense to 10 points at home in the playoffs after a bye week isn’t good enough, particularly if you are the back-to-back league MVP.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Leading the offense to 10 points at home in the playoffs after a bye week isn’t good enough, particularly if you are the back-to-back league MVP.

Would they have won if not for the special teams gifting the Niners a TD?

Was it super impressive? No. Was it enough to win under those conditions if you don't gift an offensively challenged team a TD? Yes.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Would they have won if not for the special teams gifting the Niners a TD?

Was it super impressive? No. Was it enough to win under those conditions if you don't gift an offensively challenged team a TD? Yes.

GB would have won if the two-time MVP had thrown a single TD pass in the game.

That’s why Rodgers’ most recent MVP awards won’t age well.

He wasn’t good when it mattered most, and that’s what people will remember.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
GB would have won if the two-time MVP had thrown a single TD pass in the game.

That’s why Rodgers’ most recent MVP awards won’t age well.

He wasn’t good when it mattered most, and that’s what people will remember.

His receivers didn't drop any passes?

Didn't Mercedes Lewis fumble? While AR committed no turnovers?

His line wasn't in shambles?

Didn't almost every statistical category other than the scoreboard favor GB?

Team game. Right?

What most will remember about his career is watching one of the best to ever play the position. That' why he has 4 MVP's.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
His receivers didn't drop any passes?

Didn't Mercedes Lewis fumble? While AR committed no turnovers?

His line wasn't in shambles?

Didn't almost every statistical category other than the scoreboard favor GB?

Team game. Right?

What most will remember about his career is watching one of the best to ever play the position. That' why he has 4 MVP's.

Rodgers is talented, no doubt, but he’s also been a disappointment.

People will remember he was 1-4 in NFC Championship games and only won 1 Super Bowl.

Rodgers’ team was favored by 6 over SF, so the experts thought he had the better team by a clear margin, but he came up short again when it mattered most.

Last edited: