Aaron Williams?

DAL1180

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas about this guy? Played pretty well for Buffalo before his injury. Seems like the kind of guy we now target. No legal troubles that I know of. At this point can't still be expecting big cash. Former 2nd round pick if I'm not mistake . Something I'm missing??

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Why? We have Jones, Heath and Woods who can play FS, not even mentioning Awuzie. :huh:

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas about this guy? Played pretty well for Buffalo before his injury. Seems like the kind of guy we now target. No legal troubles that I know of. At this point can't still be expecting big cash. Former 2nd round pick if I'm not mistake . Something I'm missing??
Has a visit to the Jags. Saw that yesterday.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think teams are scared off by the neck injuries. And I think when the Cowboys signed Blanton, the Bills other safety, it closed the door on them signing anyone else.

fishspill

Reaction score
Neck injuries? Could be an issue.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Has a visit to the Jags. Saw that yesterday.
Correct. He is supposedly healthy and ready to go. Would be a good depth signing for them.

That is diligence on the pro personnel side of things for them.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Might've been on the radar if not for what we did in the draft. Think we'll play this hand we're holding at this point where the d-backfield is concerned.

That's further confirmed, I think, in the fact we didn't evidently pick up any UDFA safeties.

Alexander

Reaction score
Neck injuries? Could be an issue.

At this point, any veteran floating around out there has something wrong with him. If he medically checks out okay, it is a good move for depth.

That is the kind of thing a pro personnel department is supposed to do at this point. There are veterans out of work and movement right after the draft.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I expect the next veteran FA pick-up to be a LB. We lost Durant and Gachkner (sp), but the hope is Jaylon is ready, so we need one more LB. Think they brought in 3 UDFA's so far, so maybe one of those guys stick.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Cut by the Bills in March.

He has suffered a major neck injury and has had several concussions.

Reported to be healthy now.

Aaron Williams
Height: 5117
Weight: 204
40 Yrd Dash: 4.40 (Pro Day) (Combine was 4.62)
20 Yrd Dash: 2.48
10 Yrd Dash: 1.57
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 18
Vertical Jump: 37 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'07"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.07
3-Cone Drill: 6.72

03/10/17 - S Aaron Williams was released by the Bills on Thursday, the first day of the new NFL year. Williams, who was scheduled to make $3.6 million in base salary in 2017, had missed 22 games over the last two campaigns because of neck injuries. The 26-year-old landed on injured reserve after a blindside hit from Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry on Oct. 23.
11/23/16 - S Aaron Williams (neck) will remain on injured reserve for the rest of the season now that Sammy Watkins has been designated as the player to return.
11/01/16 - S Aaron Williams was placed on injured reserve by the Buffalo Bills to clear the roster spot for WR Percy Harvin. The 26-year-old Williams sustained his second serious neck injury in as many seasons after he was on the receiving end of an unsuspecting hit by Miami Dolphins wide receiver Jarvis Landry on Oct. 23. Williams recorded 20 tackles in seven games this season. He had 255 tackles, seven interceptions and two forced fumbles in 59 career contests since being selected in the second round of the 2011 draft.
10/31/16 - S Aaron Williams (neck) did not play Sunday against New England. Last week against Miami, he suffered hand and neck injuries last week because of a cheap shot crack-back block.
10/26/16 - S Aaron Williams did not practice Wednesday after suffering hand and neck injuries last week because of a cheap shot crack-back block. His status for the game is uncertain.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I expect the next veteran FA pick-up to be a LB. We lost Durant and Gachkner (sp), but the hope is Jaylon is ready, so we need one more LB. Think they brought in 3 UDFA's so far, so maybe one of those guys stick.

Agreed. Or, I'm thinking there could be an addition from the last cuts after training camp in that way... McClay affirmed that they're pretty active in monitoring guys they liked in the draft who end up getting picked up by others, and who might be a David Irving kind-of opportunity.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, any veteran floating around out there has something wrong with him. If he medically checks out okay, it is a good move for depth.

That is the kind of thing a pro personnel department is supposed to do at this point. There are veterans out of work and movement right after the draft.

I liked the Broncos move in signing Jamal Charles. I would have paid him that low bases salary to be in the mix here, but he has a much better chance to earn the incentives in Denver that would push that number up near $4 million.

Kudos to Elway.

Alexander

Reaction score

Keenan Gilchrist looks interesting at times.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't rule out Gachkar or Durant coming back on a vet minimum deal.