AB FA Blurb

Reaction score
Browns | Team has decision to make at wide receiver
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:57:38 -0800
Patrick McManamon, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/13/nfl">Cleveland Browns will have decisions to make at the wide receiver position this offseason. WR Braylon Edwards (knee) might not be ready for the start of the 2006 season and players usually don't return to form until their second year after ACL surgery. WR Antonio Bryant is eligible for free agency after the 2005 season and may carry a large price-tag, which could cause the team to pick up WR Dennis Northcutt's $1.5 million roster bonus instead.

AB commanding some big bucks!

Hailmary

Reaction score
I'd take AB back at this point.

He may also be a lot more productive this time around having Bledsoe throw to him rather than the likes of Quincy and Hutch.

I realize that he has a lot of baggage, but a lot of you guys are willing to bring in TO.

But out of all the troubled WRs, the one I'd want most is Chad Johnson (if he were to become available).

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
My question is why would AB bring a high price tag? Hes avaerage at best.

Reaction score
Hailmary said:
I'd take AB back at this point.

He may also be a lot more productive this time around having Bledsoe throw to him rather than the likes of Quincy and Hutch.

I realize that he has a lot of baggage, but a lot of you guys are willing to bring in TO.

But out of all the troubled WRs, the one I'd want most is Chad Johnson (if he were to become available).

You know Chris Carter *** up as a young player and was able to calm himself and mature into a top WR. I don't know if AB has that potential to mature the way Chris did, but I would hope with maturity he sees that has talent but must control his emotions to make maximum use of it.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I would rather take a shot at Koren Robinson. Put protective clause to reclaim his signing bonus if he is supended for substance abuse.

CowboyExpress

Reaction score
It could be an opportune time for Parcells to bring him back now. It could have been simply a lesson in life curtisy of Bill Parcells to Bryant. We all know Parcells' highly favored this kid when he was here, so he must have seen something in him to put the time and effort in. Perhaps trading him was the only move Parcells could do to try 'n get through to him.

So in essence one could say for a short period of time (a very short) that AB was one of Parcells' "guys". And gee, we've never seen one of "parcells guys" return and play for him again down the road, have we? And it's never been a trouble wide reciever before, has it?

Sometimes when a kid misbehaves the only solution is sticking them in a corner. Now someone tell me Cleveland is not the NFL equivelant to a corner?

Antonio Bryant very well could be a Cowboy again. I could see it happening. BUT only as long as Parcells is still here.

burmafrd

Reaction score
He caused trouble at Clevland- so he has NOT learned his lesson. He really did not act all that much different there then here. If he really had impressed the Browns management they would be working to sign him. That they do not seem all that interested should speak volumes.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
CowboyExpress said:
It could be an opportune time for Parcells to bring him back now. It could have been simply a lesson in life curtisy of Bill Parcells to Bryant. We all know Parcells' highly favored this kid when he was here, so he must have seen something in him to put the time and effort in. Perhaps trading him was the only move Parcells could do to try 'n get through to him.

So in essence one could say for a short period of time (a very short) that AB was one of Parcells' "guys". And gee, we've never seen one of "parcells guys" return and play for him again down the road, have we? And it's never been a trouble wide reciever before, has it?

Sometimes when a kid misbehaves the only solution is sticking them in a corner. Now someone tell me Cleveland is not the NFL equivelant to a corner?

Antonio Bryant very well could be a Cowboy again. I could see it happening. BUT only as long as Parcells is still here.
BP knows the guy, okay......and he got rid of him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
If given the choice between TO and AB I'd rather have AB but he'd have to demonstrate he's fixed the attitude problem.

conner01

Reaction score
lawrence phillips had talent, heck some thought clarrett had talent. there's more to the game than just talent. you have to have enough sence to do what you team ask of you. not refuse to leave the field in the middle of a game and cause your team a t.o.
heck t.o. has never caused his team to have to call a time out just to get him off the field

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
AB definity has talent....but poor attitude.
I don't want to see that man here in Dallas unless he's playing against us. He's just a mean a-hole.