AB for LJ (Again)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This just in ... Yep, should have got LJ. What's he doing at a bar the night before a game?

Chiefs | Police and Courts: RB Larry Johnson
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:01:29 -0700

Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson was arrested Monday, Sept. 12, after he was involved in an altercation with his girlfriend early Saturday, Sept. 10, at a Kansas City bar. Police Department spokesman Darin Snapp said Johnson turned himself into police and was cited for domestic abuse assault. He posted bond and was released. A court date has been set for Sept. 20 on the misdemeanor charge. According to the report, Johnson's girlfriend went into a bar and saw Johnson with a different woman. After walking away, Johnson text messaged her and asked her to meet him downstairs where he allegedly grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to the front door. Johnson then asked the manager to make her leave, but the manager said he could not do that. Johnson allegedly became irate after his girlfriend confronted his date, grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her, which caused her to fall to the floor. The girlfriend told the Kansas City Star the report was wrong and denied she was pushed or dragged to the door. Snapp said the woman told police she did not want him arrested, but wanted the incident documented. The following day, friends convinced the woman to file a police report due to bruised arms.

ghst187

Reaction score
he still would've been more productive for us than QM was and also might've had trade value

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
he still would've been more productive for us than QM was and also might've had trade value

and he could have beat up some ladies in Dallas too. Guy is a turd. You've got to be a very special turd to have trade value.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
An ex-girlfriend of mine went to Penn State, her and each one of her friends always went on and on about how Johnson was about as big of a jerk as they come and quite frankly, this doesn't surprise me hearing the stories about him.

Rich........

ghst187

Reaction score
Kendo said:
You mean like 9 carries, 110 yards, 2 TD's special.... ;)

what did QC give us? (don't count preseason) There was also rumor of a draft pick AND LJ being offered to us....not sure if it was true but it was at a time when KC was DESPERATE for a WR.
I guess it really doesn't matter much does it. I guess its a case of what happened happened and someone who thought they were wrong now thinks they're right and someone else is wrong and feels they must justify themselves by pointing it out....
and also, who cares, esp now?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Kendo said:
You mean like 9 carries, 110 yards, 2 TD's special.... ;)

but look at how he prepares for games. he's out at a bar trying to get some the night before -- do you think this had something to do with why Vermeil wouldn't play him for so long? how long do you think he can perform well with that sort of prep?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
what did QC give us? (don't count preseason) There was also rumor of a draft pick AND LJ being offered to us....not sure if it was true but it was at a time when KC was DESPERATE for a WR.

I think it was AB and a pick for LJ - not the other way around.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
The very fact one would argue, upon hearing news that a player was arrested for beating his girlfriend, that we should have traded for him shows how little that person knows about the team game of football, how shallow an emphasis on morals and character that has person has, and why we pay professionals good money to make staffing decisions instead of relying on people who sole knowledge of creating football teams is playing Madden or fantasy football where only raw skills and numbers exist in a vacuum.

This guy is a punk. No one should advocate for a team they purport to love to pick up such trash.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
abersonc said:
This just in ... Yep, should have got LJ. What's he doing at a bar the night before a game?

Chiefs | Police and Courts: RB Larry Johnson
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:01:29 -0700

Associated Press reports Kansas City Chiefs RB Larry Johnson was arrested Monday, Sept. 12, after he was involved in an altercation with his girlfriend early Saturday, Sept. 10, at a Kansas City bar. Police Department spokesman Darin Snapp said Johnson turned himself into police and was cited for domestic abuse assault. He posted bond and was released. A court date has been set for Sept. 20 on the misdemeanor charge. According to the report, Johnson's girlfriend went into a bar and saw Johnson with a different woman. After walking away, Johnson text messaged her and asked her to meet him downstairs where he allegedly grabbed her by the arm and pulled her to the front door. Johnson then asked the manager to make her leave, but the manager said he could not do that. Johnson allegedly became irate after his girlfriend confronted his date, grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her, which caused her to fall to the floor. The girlfriend told the Kansas City Star the report was wrong and denied she was pushed or dragged to the door. Snapp said the woman told police she did not want him arrested, but wanted the incident documented. The following day, friends convinced the woman to file a police report due to bruised arms.
No disrespect to women but women can and will make the most sane man do crazy things. This kinda altercation I take with a can of worms.

ghst187

Reaction score
abersonc said:
I think it was AB and a pick for LJ - not the other way around.

not what I had read but hey, it was all hearsay anyway....

the reason I could buy it was LJ and a pick is that Priest was running wild at the time and LJ was 3rd on the chart (and in the doghouse BIGTIME), meanwhile AB had had some big games and KC's top WR was injured and they had zero WRs.
Ultimately, whether that was correct or not is pretty inconsequential now eh?
and really this discussion is like:

:rake:

baj1dallas

Reaction score
This is not indicative of him having character problems, he didn't even freaking hit her. He grabbed her too hard. Give me a break.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
No disrespect to women but women can and will make the most sane man do crazy things. This kinda altercation I take with a can of worms.

That's just not right - don't you ever justify violence against women.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
abersonc said:
I'm not justifing it or condoning it. I understand how and why it sometimes happens. The fact is she didn't think it warrented reporting but her friends talked her into it. Also do we know his side of what happened?

ghst187

Reaction score
abersonc said:

I certainly agree and few things are as loathsome and cowardly IMO but with as much money as everyone knows these guys make....there are a lot of women out to take advantage and guys getting led to slaughter by thinking with their "small brain."