AB for LJ (Again)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
This is not indicative of him having character problems, he didn't even freaking hit her. He grabbed her too hard. Give me a break.

Yes but the police found enough evidence to file a criminal charge. Do you think you are in a better place to judge this than a PDs domestic violence unit?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I'm not justifing it or condoning it. I understand how and why it sometimes happens. The fact is she didn't think it warrented reporting but her friends talked her into it. Also do we know his side of what happened?

Often domestic violence goes unreported. This is how he acts in public? Maybe she didn't report it because he is worse in private - or that she was scared of him. That would be pretty consistent with most abusive relationships. Maybe her friends are good people who are doing the right thing and intervening.

Kendo

Reaction score
Its like Chris Rock once said

"I'll never hit a woman, but I'll shake the $#!@ out of her!" :bang2:

Kilyin

Reaction score
It's a misdemeanor charge regardless of how you look at it. That's a slap on the wrist. You guys act like he's Rae Carruth and his NFL career is now over.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Kilyin said:
It's a misdemeanor charge regardless of how you look at it. That's a slap on the wrist. You guys act like he's Rae Carruth and his NFL career is now over.

Of course he should be towing the line since he's on probation for slapping a woman and threatening her with a gun. Yep, good guy here, no pattern of violence to be concerned about.

Kendo

Reaction score
Hypothetical question.....

Lets just say that for the purposes of this discussion the trade in question was for Jamal Lewis. (Or maybe even Ray Lewis for that matter) Would you then be willing to accept some character issues for that type of talent.

Just curious where the line is drawn for some of you guys. For myself I probably would not have taken on a guy like Johnson knowing his past, but all character issues aside wouldn't it be nice if he was backing up Julius right now getting us those kind of numbers.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
abersonc said:
Yes but the police found enough evidence to file a criminal charge. Do you think you are in a better place to judge this than a PDs domestic violence unit?

Yea they charged him with a misdemeanor. Probably class 3, same as a speeding ticket.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
baj1dallas said:
Yea they charged him with a misdemeanor. Probably class 3, same as a speeding ticket.

For a guy who is on probation that is pretty huge.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
abersonc said:
Thats a load of crap. if you, weather your a man or woman call the police and report your other half for domestic violence the law in most states now say the person has to be arrested even if there is no proof that violance occured.

How do you know she didn't try and slap him?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Thats a load of crap. if you, weather your a man or woman call the police and report your other half for domestic violence the law in most states now say the person has to be arrested even if there is no proof that violance occured.

How do you know she didn't try and slap him?

We don't know anything. However we do know that he has a history of violence and is on probation for slapping a woman and threatening her with a gun.

Strict domestic violence laws are good -- many victims lose the nerve to pursue charges after the initial call.

Let's see -- what is more likely? Johnson's girlfriend being a liar or Johnson being a turd as he's shown in the past? We don't know but i'll bet on turd.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Johnson ran for 110 yards and two touchdowns against the New York Jets the next day.
Maybe beating up his girlfriend is just his way of getting fired up for the game. I think he needs to think about finding a new motivational method.