AB Speaks Out

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/browns/2005-08-22-bryant_x.htm

Bryant makes most of second chance in Cleveland
By Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY

BEREA, Ohio — Romeo Crennel reminds Antonio Bryant of Bill Parcells.

"They share a lot of traits," said Bryant, a wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns. "I can see a lot of similarities with their philosophies and how they prepare.

"I can see it in Mo, too," Bryant added, referring to offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon. "I can see it all day long."

Is this a good thing?

Bryant was jettisoned from Dallas last year after becoming so disgruntled with his role as the No. 3 target that he threw a jersey at Parcells during a heated offseason exchange. Now he's playing for two men who broke into the NFL coaching ranks under the Tuna.

"Me and Parcells got into it, but I don't have no hard feelings," Bryant said. "That man taught me a lot. It was more of a man-to-man thing at the time. I just felt like, I'm a man and I was being disrespected. But I can't sit there and say nothing bad about him."

Bryant, obtained in a swap of receivers which sent Quincy Morgan to Dallas before the trading deadline last October, is making the most of his fresh start. Crennel said he might be having the best camp of any Browns player, a consistent summer that continued with a 51-yard touchdown catch in Saturday's preseason win at Detroit.

"The opportunity is here, so I'm just busting my butt," said Bryant, a second-round pick by the Cowboys in 2002.

In Dallas, Bryant grew frustrated when Parcells favored veterans such as Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn and Keyshawn Johnson for starting roles. He said his issue with Parcells stemmed from not being able to compete for Johnson's job.

"The type of guy Keyshawn is and the type of guy I am, Dallas wasn't big enough for both of us," Bryant said. "So somebody had to go. And I wasn't the favorite. Here, everybody's at Ground Zero."

joseephuss

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/browns/2005-08-22-bryant_x.htm

Bryant makes most of second chance in Cleveland
By Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY

BEREA, Ohio — Romeo Crennel reminds Antonio Bryant of Bill Parcells.

"They share a lot of traits," said Bryant, a wide receiver for the Cleveland Browns. "I can see a lot of similarities with their philosophies and how they prepare.

"I can see it in Mo, too," Bryant added, referring to offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon. "I can see it all day long."

Is this a good thing?

Bryant was jettisoned from Dallas last year after becoming so disgruntled with his role as the No. 3 target that he threw a jersey at Parcells during a heated offseason exchange. Now he's playing for two men who broke into the NFL coaching ranks under the Tuna.

"Me and Parcells got into it, but I don't have no hard feelings," Bryant said. "That man taught me a lot. It was more of a man-to-man thing at the time. I just felt like, I'm a man and I was being disrespected. But I can't sit there and say nothing bad about him."

Bryant, obtained in a swap of receivers which sent Quincy Morgan to Dallas before the trading deadline last October, is making the most of his fresh start. Crennel said he might be having the best camp of any Browns player, a consistent summer that continued with a 51-yard touchdown catch in Saturday's preseason win at Detroit.

"The opportunity is here, so I'm just busting my butt," said Bryant, a second-round pick by the Cowboys in 2002.

In Dallas, Bryant grew frustrated when Parcells favored veterans such as Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn and Keyshawn Johnson for starting roles. He said his issue with Parcells stemmed from not being able to compete for Johnson's job.

"The type of guy Keyshawn is and the type of guy I am, Dallas wasn't big enough for both of us," Bryant said. "So somebody had to go. And I wasn't the favorite. Here, everybody's at Ground Zero."

Good for Antonio. I was hoping he could be a big time receiver for Dallas for a long time, but that was not the case. Sometimes players and teams need fresh starts or do overs.

jman

Reaction score
Too bad for us he's finally getting it after we released him...But extremely good news for a very talented kid. Good luck to him. I hope he does well.