ABC dumps Night Stalker

blindzebra

Reaction score
I did not think it was great but I'm surprised they killed it so soon.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
blindzebra said:
I did not think it was great but I'm surprised they killed it so soon.

It was starting to get a little better but still was not that good....far cry from the x-files.

However I wonder if they were going to show the conclusion to the last episode.

Oh and for the record...Gabrielle Union is a hottie.

blindzebra

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
It was starting to get a little better but still was not that good....far cry from the x-files.

However I wonder if they were going to show the conclusion to the last episode.

Oh and for the record...Gabrielle Union is a hottie.

I agree.

It was a better show than Invasion, which is fast becoming unwatchable.

Night Stalkers problem was it did not go far enough away from the Carl's wife's story line. It was right there in every episode.

They really needed to take the X-Files approach and deal with the main story line and than have several shows that were just weird, scary and/or funny before going back to Carl's dead wife. The non-alien conspiracy X-Files were always the best shows, IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
No idea what you guys are talking about. Never heard of this show.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I tried to watch the first or second episode and turned it off after five minutes. The episode I saw went something like this:

---Open shot with little league baseball team and eerie music in the background. --

To your worst Rod Serling impression: "We all go through life thinking our neighbors are normal, but somewhere, in some crowd, is that one person who likes to kill. And he's just waiting for the opportunity...."

-- key scary music --

-- show guy watching his son's baseball game walk to the concession stand which IS ONLY ABOUT 20 FEET AWAY and bash the poor kid's head with a baseball bat who is selling snow cones and peanuts, and NO ONE NOTICES! and then walk back to game and cheer his son on --

:pee: :pee:

Okay, maybe not word-for-word, but you get the picture. :D

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I agree.

It was a better show than Invasion, which is fast becoming unwatchable.

Night Stalkers problem was it did not go far enough away from the Carl's wife's story line. It was right there in every episode.

They really needed to take the X-Files approach and deal with the main story line and than have several shows that were just weird, scary and/or funny before going back to Carl's dead wife. The non-alien conspiracy X-Files were always the best shows, IMO.

I have the entire season of Invasion on my tivo hard drive and I still have only watched about 45 minutes of the first episode. I haven't erased it yet because I keep telling myself I'll watch every episode one day. The show seems interesting, but I haven't found the time to keep watching it and it hasn't pulled me in yet like Lost, Deadwod, Rome or another recent show. Is the show really getting bad? I see the previews when I watch Lost and it doesn't look nearly as cool as Lost, although I'm upset at that show too for getting gimmicky on us and showing the story of "the other side of the island." :rolleyes:

joseephuss

Reaction score
I think the WB has done a better job with Supernatural than ABC did with Night Stalker. I think Night Stalker was a little more special effects than substance. And yes, I agree. Gabrielle Union is a beautiful young woman.