ABOUT BLEDSOE: You're all missing the point!

Dogstar

Reaction score
I firmly beleive that he should have taken the day off due to the concussion he suffered last pre-season game.

Did you notice when he started to suck? After being hit! He probably got shook up and that is why he was rushing and making bad decisions.

You do not recover fully from even a slight concussion in a weeks time. Add to that his getting knocked around and I see the symptoms of concussion effecting his decision making and skills. And to top it off, often when you are suffering from concussion you are not aware of it fully, you think things are fine but they are not.

I FIRMLY BELIEVE THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED GUYS!!!

DMX690

Reaction score
After what happened to him in New England. I don't think he going to miss any game due to injuried. If he's able to function his going to play.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Dogstar said:
I firmly beleive that he should have taken the day off due to the concussion he suffered last pre-season game.

Did you notice when he started to suck? After being hit! He probably got shook up and that is why he was rushing and making bad decisions.

You do not recover fully from even a slight concussion in a weeks time. Add to that his getting knocked around and I see the symptoms of concussion effecting his decision making and skills. And to top it off, often when you are suffering from concussion you are not aware of it fully, you think things are fine but they are not.

I agree with Dogstar 100%. You can't really understand a concussion unless you've had one yourself. You just don't feel right for 10-14 days. Even still, after that time has passed, you're a little shaky for several more days. All of this is while a doctor has strongly suggested you don't work or drive or involve yourself in any activity. I can't imagine having to play a professional football game, at QB no less, with a concussion.

I also agree with DMX. Bledsoe will not come off the field willingly after the NE episode.

DipChit

Reaction score
Could be. That was about as bad as we've seen him. Not just cause of the end result, but in general. Nevermind all the incompletions/ints.. even many of his completions were ugly.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
DipChit said:
Could be. That was about as bad as we've seen him. Not just cause of the end result, but in general. Nevermind all the incompletions/ints.. even many of his completions were ugly.
Something was wrong with him - something extra. It was as bad as I've seen him too.

If so, I fault him for not saying something to the coaches. Again, it shouldn't be about him "gutting it up" to play, it's about doing what is best for the team.

I wonder if the coaches asked him if he was o.k. ....

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ZeroClub said:
Something was wrong with him - something extra. It was as bad as I've seen him too.

If so, I fault him for not saying something to the coaches. Again, it shouldn't be about him "gutting it up" to play, it's about doing what is best for the team.

I wonder if the coaches asked him if he was o.k. ....

They should be able to tell from practice this week, although it's tough to simulate game situations. Against Jax he was throwing horrid passes even when he was not pressured. It was almost as if he couln't control where his passes went. If they see that in practice, BP needs to sit Bledsoe no matter what he says.

TEK2000

Reaction score
Mickey Spagnola asked him after the game if his back was bothering him and he responded with "YEAH"... quickly after that he made it a point to say "ITS NOTHING!"

Drew's not gonna go thru what he went thru in New England. I kinda feel for the guy... he's been a GOOD QB all of his career and goes down to injury in 1 game and the NOBODY (at the time ) Tom Brady steps in and the rest of that is history. NOW, he's got a NOBODY in Tony Romo stirring up some controversy... you better believe Bledsoe will play thru some serious pain before he comes out because of injury and risks losing his spot to a NOBODY again. I, for one, would do the SAME THING.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dogstar said:

sounds reasonable

Fernando Fernandez

Reaction score
Dogstar said:

Do you really think that Parcells would put his trophy QB at risk by playing him anyway even if their was a slim chance that something might be medically wrong with Drew?

Of course not.
Bill loves him too much to see him get destroyed.

Bledsoe sucked plain and simple, we need to move on.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Dogstar said:

you may be on to something....
i admit to completely forgetting about that concussion till you reminded me.

drew did not look like drew to me yesterday.

Dogstar

Reaction score
I understand where you are coming from, but I think he was okay in practice. Getting jarred hard enough in a game would bring the symptoms back and he may not have even been aware of it, is what I am saying. He should have sit out and he would never do that.

Fernando Fernandez said:
Do you really think that Parcells would put his trophy QB at risk by playing him anyway even if their was a slim chance that something might be medically wrong with Drew?

Of course not.
Bill loves him too much to see him get destroyed.

Bledsoe sucked plain and simple, we need to move on.