Abram Elam

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I saw the ridiculous comment somewhere in here thay we'd be better if we only had Abram Elam starting at FS. Apparently people believe a gift int for a td makes a guy a good player.

Guess who just got absolutely roasted for a game clinching long TD? Yep, superstar Abram Elam.

For the yr he still has only the one gift int, and he has only 3 passes defensed. How did we ever let such amazing talent go?? Damn you Jerruh!

:rolleyes:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453740 said:
I saw the ridiculous comment somewhere in here thay we'd be better if we only had Abram Elam starting at FS. Apparently people believe a gift int for a td makes a guy a good player.

Guess who just got absolutely roasted for a game clinching long TD? Yep, superstar Abram Elam.

For the yr he still has only the one gift int, and he has only 3 passes defensed. How did we ever let such amazing talent go?? Damn you Jerruh!

Don't recall anyone saying we'd be better off with him STARTING at ANY position. I did say we'd be better off - as far as depth is concerned - with him on the roster instead of Brown or Watkins. And that's the truth.

cowboyz

Reaction score
Rack;2453765 said:
Don't recall anyone saying we'd be better off with him STARTING at ANY position. I did say we'd be better off - as far as depth is concerned - with him on the roster instead of Brown or Watkins. And that's the truth.
exactly

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453740 said:

Plus two forced fumbles and a TD.

He's made more plays than both of our starting safeties combined.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;2453765 said:

The only thing Elam has on either of those guys is he is a better tackler. Which honestly saying much.

Somebody did post we'd have a much better defense if only Elam was here starting though.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453799 said:
The only thing Elam has on either of those guys is he is a better tackler. Which honestly saying much.

Somebody did post we'd have a much better defense if only Elam was here starting though.

Tackling is kind of important for a safety.

Abram Elam is better than Brown and Watkins combined.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Achozen;2453769 said:
Plus two forced fumbles and a TD.

He's made more plays than both of our starting safeties combined.

Thats something else that isnt saying much. I'd venture to guess that nobody's starting pair of safety's have made less plays than our guys.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453831 said:
Thats something else that isnt saying much.

So then it's a good thing we kept Brown and Watkins instead of Elam?

Not sure what you're getting at here.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;2453840 said:
So then it's a good thing we kept Brown and Watkins instead of Elam?

Not sure what you're getting at here.

I think if Watkins or Brown played as much as Elam, has, they'd have made 2 or 3 plays all yr too.

Eskimo

Reaction score
It's not that Elam is so good, it is that Watkins and Brown are so bad.

I honestly wonder if we can move Jenkins over to safety once Pacman is back because Watkins/Brown just isn't cutting it. Put him at FS and move Hamlin over to SS. That way we still have Pacman/TNew/Scanrick at CB and Henry as the TE guy.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453846 said:
I think if Watkins or Brown played as much as Elam, has, they'd have made 2 or 3 plays all yr too.

Sorry, but that's BS.

Elam is a backup for them, just like Brown and Watkins are backups for us. They play about the same.

And I haven't seen any non-mobile QBs running over Abram Elam.

Not saying Elam is "Great", just that he'd be an upgrade over Watkins and/or Brown. And that's pretty obvious IMO.

Eskimo;2453853 said:
It's not that Elam is so good, it is that Watkins and Brown are so bad.

I honestly wonder if we can move Jenkins over to safety once Pacman is back because Watkins/Brown just isn't cutting it. Put him at FS and move Hamlin over to SS. That way we still have Pacman/TNew/Scanrick at CB and Henry as the TE guy.

:hammer:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453740 said:

You think we wouldnt be a better team if we had elam as a backup instead of brown.

You are leaving out how good elam was on special teams here.

Abe elam is light years better than courtney brown.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Rack;2453889 said:
Sorry, but that's BS.

Elam is a backup for them, just like Brown and Watkins are backups for us. They play about the same.

actually Elam started 5 games this yr and 8 last yr...he had no picks last yr and only 2 passes defensed

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2453901 said:
You think we wouldnt be a better team if we had elam as a backup instead of brown.

You are leaving out how good elam was on special teams here.

Abe elam is light years better than courtney brown.

Elam and Battle as the backup safeties, and on special teams, combined w/ Polk and Killer

wow

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453740 said:

his 3 passes defend is more than all of our safeties combined.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Don't forget that Elam was a very good special teams player as well. Watkins used to make plays on special teams but he has been getting owned all year long. I only recall Brown making one significant special teams tackle and that was last year. Elam is a better special teams player and FS than Brown and Watkins. We would be better with him on the team. I really don't see any argument here.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jdub2k4;2453914 said:
Don't forget that Elam was a very good special teams player as well. Watkins used to make plays on special teams but he has been getting owned all year long. I only recall Brown making one significant special teams tackle and that was last year. Elam is a better special teams player and FS than Brown and Watkins. We would be better with him on the team. I really don't see any argument here.

Elam was not better than Watkins before now, and Watkins has played hurt basically all year.

If Elam had made the same kind of play for us as he did for the NYJ today, you guys would all be crucifying him.