Abram Elam

Eskimo

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, Brown is throwing a no-hitter for the year - impressive for a safety and ST player.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Eskimo;2454010 said:
If I'm not mistaken, Brown is throwing a no-hitter for the year - impressive for a safety and ST player.
What is funny about Brown is that we were hearing about all the plays he was making in training camp and how he was so much improved over last year. He was even getting first string reps when Hamlin was still unsigned. Now, you would be hard pressed to know he was even on the team.

Eskimo

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2454048 said:
What is funny about Brown is that we were hearing about all the plays he was making in training camp and how he was so much improved over last year. He was even getting first string reps when Hamlin was still unsigned. Now, you would be hard pressed to know he was even on the team.

I think he is a tweener - he doesn't have the hips for CB and he doesn't have the aggressiveness/instincts for safety.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Watkins played hurt. When healthy Elam is not as good but the difference isn't that great either. Who cares. Neither are the kind of safeties we are looking for.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2453947 said:
Elam was not better than Watkins before now, and Watkins has played hurt basically all year.

If Elam had made the same kind of play for us as he did for the NYJ today, you guys would all be crucifying him.

No they wouldn't people don't care when the safeties give up big plays unless his name is RW.

BHendri5

Reaction score
watkins is sorry, it is as simple as that, just plain sorry. Brown is better even if he has not made a tacke yet.

Elam, is better than both of them put together. why would you crow about him getting beat? you only seen the highlight like we did, you do not know why he was so far out of position, because they did not break it down.

do some research and really prove to us that he was the one that really blew the assignment.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
BHendri5;2454401 said:
watkins is sorry, it is as simple as that, just plain sorry. Brown is better even if he has not made a tacke yet.

Both of them are pretty lousy, I've never contended otherwise. Watkins has been playing hurt most of the yr though.

Elam, is better than both of them put together. why would you crow about him getting beat?

did you read my post? I said somebody had posted that our defense would be way better off if Elam was here. Elam has been lousy where he is.

you only seen the highlight like we did, you do not know why he was so far out of position, because they did not break it down.

watch the play dude

do some research and really prove to us that he was the one that really blew the assignment.

again, watch the play