Absurd arrogance

LittleD

Reaction score
This is a double edged sword. Pay a back that had a career year in a contract year or do we let our workhorse walk away.

You just have to move on...Two rules in today's NFL you don't pay RB's big on second contracts and you don't pay age.
If you do those two things consistently, your team will eventually fall to the bottom of the division.

tm1119

Reaction score
To think we're above pouncing on an UFA who wants a chunk a cash ... We had a million things break our way last year and last year is history ...

Teams are making moves left & right - some with us specifically in mind .

We were and are a one sided team - the defense is a year removed from being an NFL laughingstock .
And the ONLY reason it wasn't the NFL dinner table joke again was Marinelli Magic and Demarco Murray.

Yes our OL is wondeful but don't get stupid - don't get arrogant and think "any " RB would have had 1800 yards .. Total garbage that thought .

Murray carried us for quarters at a time .. Very much the way 22 did when 88 couldn't beat over the top coverage.

Check Murray yards after contact .

The time is now - Romo is 33 with a bad back and bad luck - he needs to be restructured , Murray needs to be re-signed - Hardy and a vet corner need to be signed as well as a DT or two .

Don't keep lying to yourselves that we're okay , that we're so good we can let Murray walk and sign 4 George Selvie types and be just fine.

We finally had a great season - wonderful , awesome ... But that doesn't mean it's gonna happen again if we don't make big steps to get better .

When you see players come off the board day by day and we continue to negotiate with a complete stiff like Brandon Carr - you'll be sick and you should be .

Ask yourself this - would Bill Bellichick work a deal with Brandon Carr to return ?

Carr - Scandrick - Wilcox - Claiborne - four of the worst players in the NFL

And you lose any and all credibility with that one line at the end....

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
You can argue they should have had foresight and signed him 2 years ago - but what did he do that would warrant an extension. I hope he comes back at 5 million per year or less, but it wont happen. He will sign somewhere else for 8.5 million a year for 4 years and that is that.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Is this rant related to your feeling Suh would be a Cowboy? The arrow is pointing up in big D all we can do is trust mgmt is making the right decision. There is still plenty of talented bodies available that would be an upgrade. As for the Giants game...Dallas won...

Think big picture - Super Bowl

erod

Reaction score
The teams that continue to dump tons of cash into free agency every year routinely end up drafting in the top ten every year.

It doesn't work.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scandrick is one of the worst players in the NFL?

This is his usual style and post. He starts threads and rags about the team. It's getting old. This is the 3rd time IIRC he says Scandrick is not good.
We always get these throughout the off season by different posters at different times. Part of the territory of being fans we need to go through. Someone trying to get others riled up, or PO'ed.
Guess it's entertainment to them, and others.

pacboyX

Reaction score
To think we're above pouncing on an UFA who wants a chunk a cash ... We had a million things break our way last year and last year is history ...

We were and are a one sided team - the defense is a year removed from being an NFL laughingstock .
And the ONLY reason it wasn't the NFL dinner table joke again was Marinelli Magic and Demarco Murray.

Yes our OL is wondeful but don't get stupid - don't get arrogant and think "any " RB would have had 1800 yards .. Total garbage that thought .

Murray carried us for quarters at a time .. Very much the way 22 did when 88 couldn't beat over the top coverage.

The time is now - Romo is 33 with a bad back and bad luck - he needs to be restructured , Murray needs to be re-signed - Hardy and a vet corner need to be signed as well as a DT or two .

Don't keep lying to yourselves that we're okay , that we're so good we can let Murray walk and sign 4 George Selvie types and be just fine.

We finally had a great season - wonderful , awesome ... But that doesn't mean it's gonna happen again if we don't make big steps to get better .

When you see players come off the board day by day and we continue to negotiate with a complete stiff like Brandon Carr - you'll be sick and you should be .

Ask yourself this - would Bill Bellichick work a deal with Brandon Carr to return ?

Carr - Scandrick - Wilcox - Claiborne - four of the worst players in the NFL .

So your including Wilox and Scandrick but not Church? I definitely agree with your argument for the absurdity of the front office. If we don't sign Murray nor Peterson that creates such a draft pick need that would otherwise address DE/DT/CB/S/OT.

In another perspective we did show him off so that he could show his worth for free agency. But from team perspective we have to have someone reliable next to Romo. Murray looks so comforting to Romo..on a man to man thing lol but Peterson would also I believe.

erod

Reaction score
Please tell me you guys can recognize a Giants fan in sheep's clothing that's trolling you for an emotional response.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't give me rankings - watch that GB game again .

And don't give me this Scandrick love stuff when most people fell outta their chairs here when he signed that deal.

We can't cover anyone - I mean we gave up a career to Megatron - Rodgers sliced us apart on one leg /lets wakeup here people .

We couldn't stop Eli Manning in game two with a half broken NYG team, he went off .

My point is we need to spend to improve .

Ahhhhh, the old........... "stats be damned! My eyes tell me something else!" argument.

HanfordDixon

Please, Call Me Shirley
Reaction score
This post is idiotic. Dallas doesn't need free agency because they've become what every team envies -- a stable franchise with a winning program from the practice field to the front office. Dallas has the luxury of sitting back and letting other teams wildly overpay for the latest toys, knowing it has a front office that can go out and find a Demarco Murray, or Tyrone Crawford, or Terrence Williams, in the 3rd round. Knowing it can go out and find a Ronald Leary, or Cole Beasley, or Barry Church, from the undrafted pile. Knowing it can go out and find huge free agent values like Jeremy Mincy, or find trade bargains like Rolando McClain.

Knowing that four of its last five 1st round draft picks are among the top 2 players in the entire NFL at their respective positions (AP All-Pro Team).

Dallas has achieved NFL nirvana. They can sit back and offer Rolando a responsible deal. Or offer Leary a responsible deal. Or Demarco. If they don't take it and find more money elsewhere, we wish them luck. Because we know the front office has a system that works.

Proximo

Reaction score
Biff please.

Scandrick one of the worst players in the NFL? LOL

Please go back to the RantZone.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Who is making moves with Dallas specifically in mind?

This is the guy who thought the Martin draft pick was a terrible draft pick, that Manziel was our only hope out of choke-ville, that Anthony Hitchens would be horrible...etc.

Now he says the "only reason" we were good was Marinellli and Murray--forget about that dominate line and a QB playing at an MVP level...they were an afterthought.
Also that OScan is garbage stuff....

Classic panic thread.

This much I will agree with; we need to continue to upgrade our defensive talent. That will be done in the draft, some FA pickups, and further development of one of the youngest teams in the league.

Last edited:

therock1982

Reaction score
This is the guy who thought the Martin draft pick was a terrible draft pick, that Manziel was our only hope out of choke-ville, that Anthony Hitchens would be horrible...etc.

Now he says the "only reason" we were good was Marinellli and Murray--forget about that dominate line and a QB playing at an MVP level...they were an afterthought.
Also that OScan is garbage stuff....

Classic panic thread.

This much I will agree with; we need to continue to upgrade our defensive talent. That will be done in the draft, some FA pickups, and further development of one of the youngest teams in the league.

to be fair anyone who sits here and says they loved the hitchens pick when it was made is a liar.
Id bet my left testicle that everyone jumped on there laptops hit google and typed anthony htchens name in to fnd out who in the blue hell he was.
Luckily for us tho will mclay knew all along

DFWJC

Reaction score
to be fair anyone who sits here and says they loved the hitchens pick when it was made is a liar.
Id bet my left testicle that everyone jumped on there laptops hit google and typed anthony htchens name in to fnd out who in the blue hell he was.
Luckily for us tho will mclay knew all along

True.
Not too many where really touting him. Most did not know a ton about him ...so better to say "let's wait and see" like many of us did.
But there were maybe two dozen or so that automatically drew negative conclusions.
In the end, I think those complaining about when he was drafted had a bit more footing than those who flat out said he would bust.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Carr - Scandrick - Wilcox - Claiborne - four of the worst players in the NFL .

Thank you for making my prediction of a serious overreaction to the first day of free agency thread come true.