According to NFL.com/Nick Eaton with the 22nd pick in the draft the Cowboys selects..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2037228 said:
Why is Kenny Phillips agent wasting his time on a message board?

Oh, and I love the "He was the #1 recruit coming out of high school" bit.

Yeah, that means a whole lot now.

Hey im just trying to give you information about the guy.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
CATCH17;2037218 said:
He is going to be the best value in this draft if he falls out of the top 10.

Hes a top 10 talent and possibly from a talent stand point the most talented safety to ever enter the draft.

Things will be crazy for Roy if Dallas drafts Phillips.

Are you serious?!? :eek:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I have been on the Phillips bandwagon for some time now. I believe that trading for Pacman gives us more leverage to draft Phillips in the first, and also depending on the pick that we trade to the Titans, will allow us to draft a CB in either the third or fourth round.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
CATCH17;2037218 said:
He is going to be the best value in this draft if he falls out of the top 10.

Hes a top 10 talent and possibly from a talent stand point the most talented safety to ever enter the draft.

Things will be crazy for Roy if Dallas drafts Phillips.[/qu

Not according to some of the guys on NFL Radio. Earlier this week I heard them talking about Phillips and safetys overall in this year's draft and they said it's one of the worst drafts for the position in a long time. They said no safety in this year's draft is worthy of a first round pick and that Phillips is only on everyone's lips because he played at Miami. I'm not sure which of the NFL guys it was saying all this, but I believe even Gil Grandt was not very high on Phillips.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star4Ever;2037256 said:
Not according to some of the guys on NFL Radio. Earlier this week I heard them talking about Phillips and safetys overall in this year's draft and they said it's one of the worst drafts for the position in a long time. They said no safety in this year's draft is worthy of a first round pick and that Phillips is only on everyone's lips because he played at Miami. I'm not sure which of the NFL guys it was saying all this, but I believe even Gil Grandt was not very high on Phillips.
I've heard the same thing on NFLN.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2037214 said:
Terrible pick.

What writer would pretend to know what is happening with the team and suggest a pick such as this..?

#1-We are not going to franchise our current FS, Kenny Hamln, and then hang him out to dry by drafting his replacement with a #1 pick. Jones and Dallas are going to resign him long-term before the season is over.

#2-despite the issues we have had with RW, Campo will be making some secondary changes back to schemes that we used with Roy Williams earlier in his career and use him much more effectively. In fact, I think so effectively, that we are gong to completely forget whatever the issues were with him in the first place.

#3-using this #22 pick for anything but a RB, WR or RB would be insane. This guy starts his interview off saying the Cowboys have a lot of holes to fill and names them off, then makes a draft pick for a SS from Miami that is nowhere on that list of needs.

You don't address a position(s) that is at least 2 seasons away from having to be addressed and ones in which whether it is RW or Hamlin, we have over $10 mil/yr currently tied up in the positions collectively already.

We are going to add another #1 pick to that and add another $3-5 million/yr to the above..? if this happens, the entire draft /scouting staff needs to be fired.

Plus, we are talking drafting a guy #1 that is going to be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart this year.

Yikes. I thnk we have already got enough 4th string depth nailed down..we got Bobby Carpenter, don't we..?

This is the most non-sensical mock #1 pick for us I've ever seen. And his comment about replacing Flozell DTR..?

You must be kidding. The guy just redid his contreact for the next 5 years.

OMG.

Coffee must be laced with Extacy in the media room where this guy works.

:starspin ReDBaLL ExPreSS:starspin