According to the Stats, We lost!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
What I would like to do to Garrett sometimes...

3Ufig.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That is why I always subscribe to this formula for success........to be successful and win, you must always score at least 1 more point than your opponent.

Do not concern yourself with yds, turnovers, TOP, etc. Focus solely on the only stat that actually determines wins and losses, POINTS.

Give up 500 yds, have the ball for less than 20 min., turn it over 5 times, who cares if you are able to keep the opponent off the scoreboard.

So, if I were a coach, I would tell my team, focus on points, and nothing else.

Bill Belichick would love you ........lol

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Bill Belichick would love you ........lol

Tom Brady won by two scores yesterday with 124 yards passing and two interceptions.

Society today is obsessed with numbers and I think that has a lot to do with the Dak hate. Stats mean nothing unless you're playing fantasy football. In real football the only numbers that matter is the final score.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Anybody else roll their eyes at Buck saying the Bucs dominated us in the first half?
Not really because it was true. It was a lot like us for the last few games too. Dominate the ball and yards and only score a few points.

It is typical for Tampa though. I watched them completely dominate the skins to just have failure after failure in the red zone.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Tom Brady won by two scores yesterday with 124 yards passing and two interceptions.

Society today is obsessed with numbers and I think that has a lot to do with the Dak hate. Stats mean nothing unless you're playing fantasy football. In real football the only numbers that matter is the final score.

You mean the Patriots won yesterday against a bad football team despite subpar QB play. Much like Dallas did.

I don't know what it is going to take for people to understand the team wins (or loses), not the player.

Them

Reaction score
...And after all that....the Boys are still the 4th seed in the playoffs....Imagine that!:p

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
You didn't present maybe the most important stat:

Turnovers:

Tampa 2
Dallas 0

Exactly...………….turnovers is the most important stat in all of football. In fact, if you look at the percentages a +2 ratio corresponds to around a 70% chance to win.

And Dallas scored 14 points off those turnovers...…………...if not for those turnovers, we probably lose the game

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
According to the stats WE SHOULD HAVE BLOWN OUT the Colts in the 1ST HALF.

You wanna share those stats, too?

DALLAS COWBOYS ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE NFCE! Why not enjoying this ride but keep showing negativity all along?

rwalters31

Reaction score
According to the stats WE SHOULD HAVE BLOWN OUT the Colts in the 1ST HALF.

You wanna share those stats, too?

DALLAS COWBOYS ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE NFCE! Why not enjoying this ride but keep showing negativity all along?
In order to predict the future, you need to look at the stats over the season. What the stats say is that the defense over this season has had a high proficiency and look to carry that into the playoffs. Special teams say we are about average over the season and look to be that way into the playoffs. At the beginning of the season the offense was very bad, then just bad, and with some personnel changes, are approaching average. Going into the playoffs the offense does not look to be able to maintain an average proficiency against very good defenses. This leads me to the subject of stats, like the weather predictions are not perfect but do tell a story. What the stats are telling us is that the defense can win championships with a proficient offense. The Cowboys have not shown the ability for efficiency or proficiency at offense. Turn overs will be the reason that the Cowboys will not go far into the playoffs without the ability to score points.

Still a big fan but have not gotten over 23 years of Dallas failures at the playoffs.

Last edited:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Our total yardage figures look pedestrian because Jaylon effectively had a 65 yard TD drive on his own, and Gregory forced a fumble on TB's own 20 and came this close to taking it in himself. That's 14 points on the board for a grand total of about 5 yards on the stat sheet.

On top of that, we started bleeding clock, calling run plays and taking off the full 40 seconds before the snap, at the same time that TB hit no-huddle hurry up mode down 27-13 at the start of the 4th. So along with the "hidden yardage" on turnovers, that distorts the final box score yardage stats.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
In order to predict the future, you need to look at the stats over the season. What the stats say is that the defense over this season has had a high proficiency and look to carry that into the playoffs. Special teams say we are about average over the season and look to be that way into the playoffs. At the beginning of the season the offense was very bad, then just bad, and with some personnel changes, are approaching average. Going into the playoffs the offense does not look to be able to maintain an average proficiency against very good defenses. This leads me to the subject of stats, like the weather predictions are not perfect but do tell a story. What the stats are telling us is that the defense can win championships with a proficient offense. The Cowboys have not shown the ability for efficiency or proficiency at offense. Turn overs will be the reason that the Cowboys will not go far into the playoffs without the ability to score points.

Still a big fan but have not gotten over 23 years of Dallas failures at the playoffs.

Well understood. Then, let's write a letter of request to the league and tell them to ban us from the playoffs now that we suck bad at every side of the game. How would that be?

Hey, I know what the fans have gone through for the last twenty some years but since Dak and Zeke arrived this is a different and YOUNG team that has future but also that needs better coaching. We need to support this young group not spread negativity all along.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Anybody else roll their eyes at Buck saying the Bucs dominated us in the first half?

Absolutely can’t stand Joe Buck. The guy can’t seem to hide his venom for the Cowboys. And we’re stuck with him for the entire ride in the playoffs.

At least we get Romo if we make it all the way to the Super Bowl.

The Realist

Reaction score
When you score on defense and get another turnover that sets you up at the 4 yard line you aren’t gonna have yards, time of possession, or a lot of offensive snaps.

rwalters31

Reaction score
When you score on defense and get another turnover that sets you up at the 4 yard line you aren’t gonna have yards, time of possession, or a lot of offensive snaps.
You maybe on to something there! Al you need is a defense that not only stops scoring but scores them as well!