AccuScore Game Forecasts: Washington Commanders at Dallas Cowboys

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Link: http://accuscore.com/option,com_acc_nfl_game_preview/tab,stats/Itemid,207/game_id,50/

Analysis
Washington has won two games in a row, but they are expected to struggle defensively against Dallas. They allowed over 115 yards to Arizona, whose running offense is not nearly as potent as the combo of Marion Barber and Felix Jones. The ESPN AccuScore Custom Game Simulator indicates there is a 20 percent chance that Barber has over 100 rushing yards and Felix Jones has over 50 rushing yards in the game. The average score in these simulations is Dallas 39, Washington 16. It will not be easy, but Washington needs to have Clinton Portis run for over 100 yards and the defense needs to intercept Tony Romo at least once while sacking him 3 or more times. With Jason Taylor out with injury this only happens in 4.5 percent of the time, but the game is dead-even with both teams winning 50 percent.

Dumbsheet

Reaction score
Gryphon;2284974 said:
The average score in these simulations is Dallas 39, Washington 16.

Sounds about right.

the game is dead-even with both teams winning 50 percent.

Actually the link shows a more realistic 85% for the boys and 15% for the skinbags...i think that's more in the ball park. Ironically, also shows an average score of 30-17, which i think is much closer than it will be.

Whatever, this game is a freakin' lock and will probably be the easiest game of the year for the boys (except for maybe when we play the Rams).

Dumbsheet

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2285058 said:
The final score will be closer than that.

Possible.

Either way, the 11.5 points is a gift. The boys will have it covered before the end of the 1st quater.

I've already bet my house on it.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dumbsheet;2285069 said:
Possible.

Either way, the 11.5 points is a gift. The boys will have it covered before the end of the 1st quater.

I've already bet my house on it.

Lol! Last weeks spread was a gift. We'll never only have to cover a field goal again all season.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Dallas will find a way to keep it close until the end.

One time, I would like to be up 35-3 at the begining of the fourth quarter.

JerryFan

Reaction score
Dumbsheet;2285047 said:
Sounds about right.

Actually the link shows a more realistic 85% for the boys and 15% for the skinbags...i think that's more in the ball park. Ironically, also shows an average score of 30-17, which i think is much closer than it will be.

Whatever, this game is a freakin' lock and will probably be the easiest game of the year for the boys (except for maybe when we play the Rams).

Nothing is ever a lock in the NFL. My guess is this will be a close game till the 4th with us wearing them out at that point. I thought like you in previous years, but have since saw the light after many-a-NflSeason hass passed by. I say Dallas ends up winning the game 35-17. but it will be a dogfight till the 4th.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrangler87;2285260 said:
Dallas will find a way to keep it close until the end.

One time, I would like to be up 35-3 at the begining of the fourth quarter.

At some point this year, we'll be on on defense, offense, and special teams all at the same time. Some unlucky team is going to get humiliated. This Sunday's as good a day for this as any.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Dallas will win but it will be in a very close, tight, game that will leave fans wanting to throw up all the way till the end.

But I can hope for one of those games where we have it won midway through the 3rd quarter cause we're up 38-3, I just don't see it happening.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If the Cowboys were a client I'd say they are keeping the trauma pumped up in their lives purposefully. I'd love to have a breather. We should be able to put some numbers on the board.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;2285315 said:
Accuscore isn't very accurate!!

Actually, IIRC they have a pretty good record in predicting games since they started it.

Reaction score
Gryphon;2284974 said:
Link: http://accuscore.com/option,com_acc_nfl_game_preview/tab,stats/Itemid,207/game_id,50/

Analysis
Washington has won two games in a row, but they are expected to struggle defensively against Dallas. They allowed over 115 yards to Arizona, whose running offense is not nearly as potent as the combo of Marion Barber and Felix Jones. The ESPN AccuScore Custom Game Simulator indicates there is a 20 percent chance that Barber has over 100 rushing yards and Felix Jones has over 50 rushing yards in the game. The average score in these simulations is Dallas 39, Washington 16. It will not be easy, but Washington needs to have Clinton Portis run for over 100 yards and the defense needs to intercept Tony Romo at least once while sacking him 3 or more times. With Jason Taylor out with injury this only happens in 4.5 percent of the time, but the game is dead-even with both teams winning 50 percent.

Accuscore was way off on Cowboys/Pack game. It's crap.

CowboyOK85

Reaction score
I see alot of field goals for the skins. Atleast 4 i bet. Not saying they'll make em all, haha. Dallas 34, Skins 19 ...I'm seeing skins up going into halftime 13-10...then of course domination takes over!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Unless we play much more aggressive on defense, they will keep it close. Campbell loves to throw short stuff (from what I remember) and guys like Cooley, Randle El, and Moss can make you pay for that sort of stuff.