Accused drunken driver shows up drunk at court

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Some people just don't get it...

Accused drunken driver shows up drunk at court
Associated Press

READING, Pa. -- A motorist's bail was revoked when police said he had the daring to show up drunk to his preliminary hearing on drunken driving charges.

Emerson Moore Jr., 46, of Caernarvon Township, was awaiting his hearing before Muhlenberg Township District Justice Dean R. Patton when Moore got into an argument with state police Trooper Roberto Soto, officials said.

Soto, who had arrested Moore in the drunken-driving case June 20, smelled alcohol on Moore's breath as the two stood in the hallway outside Patton's courtroom, officials said.

Moore, who had driven himself to court, had a blood-alcohol level of 0.10 percent, police said. The legal limit for driving in Pennsylvania is 0.08 percent.

Patton revoked Moore's bail and sent him to Berks County Prison on $2,500 bail. He also will be cited for public drunkenness, he said.

``You don't show up drunk for a preliminary hearing, especially when it's a drunk-driving case,'' Patton said. ``I asked him what he was thinking and he said, 'You told me I could drink at home.'''​

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
No matter what........It seems I hear something everyday that makes me shake my head. This guy is definitely wasting valuable oxygen.