Actor William Hurt passes away

bud914

Reaction score
45206-altered-states-0-230-0-345-crop.jpg

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Going to have to replace him in the Marvel movies. He’s been in a lot of them.

A lot of classic movies, too many to count, probably most famous for his early 80’s stuff. I remember Altered States, but the one I remember most was Body Heat.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched Mr Brooks, loved his character named Marshall.

RIP Sir

quickccc

Reaction score
i was so shocked to hear the tragic news this morning... heartbreaking

Condolence and prayers to Hurts' family and loved ones .. RIP.

terra

Reaction score
cancer takes another one. he was a great actor; so many roles he hit right out of the park.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some television trivia, courtesy of IMDB.com:

1977 Kojak's season four 2-part episode, Kojak's Days, starred a diner waitress, who was played by actress Liz Sheridan. It was her first television role. Sheridan would later play Seinfeld's mother, Helen.

The two-parter also featured a snitch, actor Robert Picardo, who tried to manipulate Kojak. It was his first television role. Picardo would go on to play The Doctor on Star Trek: Voyager.

There was a THIRD actor who started his professional career on Kojak in that same particular episode. William Hurt played a parking garage attendant, who had a car stolen that was involved in a murder. I grabbed this screenshot from the episode hosted on Dailymotion:

3nQtSe5.png

Needless to say, Hurt ended up with the best acting resume--even better than Kojak's Telly Savalas.

Who loves ya baby?

Rest in peace, Mr. Hurt.

Last edited: