Adam Jones question

DMOB

Reaction score
When is Pac's 4 game suspension over? I know he still needs to be reinstated, but when is the 4 weeks up?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He missed the last 2 games. He will miss this one and the Commanders after the bye week before he is eligible for reinstatement.

DMOB

Reaction score
******! I was hoping there was a chance we could get him back for the skins game. Thanks Hos.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DMOB;2388753 said:
******! I was hoping there was a chance we could get him back for the skins game. Thanks Hos.
Only if the NFL is interpreting 4 weeks as 4 games.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2388758 said:

That's what I was hoping for as well. But Godell actual clarified that in a statement he made when he said that Jones would not be eligible for reinstatement until after the Commanders game.

Just a little extra to stick it to Jerry. 4 week suspension is actual 5 weeks.

I still have trouble with this suspension. I do not believe there was just cause for it.

I know this sounds nuts. But if I were Adam Jones I would do everything the Godell says and get myself reinstated into the league. Once reinstated I would bring a lawsuit against Godell and the NFL for the last suspension.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Hostile;2388758 said:
Wasn't Plaxico suspended for 2 weeks, but only missed 1 game because of their bye?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Achozen;2388863 said:
Wasn't Plaxico suspended for 2 weeks, but only missed 1 game because of their bye?
that's cause the team suspended him not the league.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He could sue but he doesn't have the money to do it. So forget that for that one reason out of many.

He'll come back when and if. I do think that Goodell will give him another chance but it won't take much to push this to at least another years suspension.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2388866 said:
that's cause the team suspended him not the league.

And because he's not Adam Jones playing for Dallas.

I really believe this whole deal put together by Jones pissed-off Godell. I don't think he want a team to sign/trade for him before he reinstated him.

I believe Godell wanted to make this a 2 year ban in reality by not having Pacman availible for a team til late this past summer.

He had had enough of Adam and wanted to destroy his career.

The initial suspension for Jones was announced as a four week suspension. Don't think Godell realized the Cowboys bye came into play initially, once he did it magically became a five week suspension.

I stand by what I said, this was a bull**** suspension.

Jones did not break a team or league rule. He id not break a law. He was not arrested or even detained by the police. There was no complaint filed against him or about the "incident".

This is the biggest load of crap I ever heard of.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2388900 said:
And because he's not Adam Jones playing for Dallas.

I really believe this whole deal put together by Jones pissed-off Godell. I don't think he want a team to sign/trade for him before he reinstated him.

I believe Godell wanted to make this a 2 year ban in reality by not having Pacman availible for a team til late this past summer.

He had had enough of Adam and wanted to destroy his career.

The initial suspension for Jones was announced as a four week suspension. Don't think Godell realized the Cowboys bye came into play initially, once he did it magically became a five week suspension.

I stand by what I said, this was a bull**** suspension.

Jones did not break a team or league rule. He id not break a law. He was not arrested or even detained by the police. There was no complaint filed against him or about the "incident".

This is the biggest load of crap I ever heard of.
i'm pretty sure the suspenions are in terms of games (4 games,2 games) not weeks. regardless i think it was a dumb suspension but pacman seems like he's a really stupid person. hopefully he can come back after the washington game cause henry is injuryprone and i doubt newman comes back for the washington game.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sonnyboy;2388900 said:
In the terms of his reinstatment during preseason, Pacman wasn't supposed to touch alcohol. He did. Case closed. That is why Pacman is in rehab now. Without going thru that, his NFL career would be over.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I'm sure we will find out over the bye what Adams future is. If the Cowboys or Goddell don't bring it up, the media will.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i just wish Goodell would do something about all these other clowns getting into trouble.....im waiting to hear about suspensions for several players

dallas_112678

Reaction score
Also the chances of him actually coming back at the end of those 4 weeks is small. This was only the initial suspension, it wasnt set in stone so it could possibly be much longer. I doubt they'll let him back after 4 weeks is up.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Hostile;2388758 said:

They don't. As i remember Godell gave answer to this particular question and made it clearthat it will be a 4 games suspension.

EDIT: not a 4 games suspension but that Pacman has to sit out 4 games before he will have a look at his reinstatement.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2388900 said:
Jones did not break a team or league rule.

You've been here almost three years, boy. And you feel confident to say this? With all Adams' "incidents" did you cover your ears, stomp your feet and holler "LA-LA-LA-LA, I can't hear you!"?

He broke a league rule that was instituted BECAUSE of him. You don't get anymore broke that that. Don't get me started on team rules.............

BTW - This isn't the first time Jerry has pissed off the commish., IMO.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Is there a chance he acually comes back? Or is he pretty much done for the year? GODdell shouldn't beat around the bush, if he is going to let him play then so be it. But if he is going to suspend him for the year he should just get it out of the way so everyone knows.

:dissgint: