Adam Jones....

Reaction score
If there was a bright spot after a big loss was our defense and Adam Jones.

IMO, I thought Adam Jones played well in coverage yesterday after being out for awhile because of a suspension.

I was wondering what his impact was going to be and for the most part he played well in coverage.

I for one, are glad to have him back. Like him or not Adam Jones is a player that can help us win.

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
He played a pretty good game. It looked like the steelers were targeting him early on and he passed the test. That muffed punt was scary, but at least we didnt lose it so no harm no fowl.

sacase

Reaction score
Right now he has been very good in coverage. He had three past breakups on third down.

I think he is trying to hard to break one on ST. If he just relaxes and takes what is given he will break one in due time. I think he wants to make a big impact for us after being out of the game so long.

I like how he avoided the media after the game.

gazjor1

Reaction score
He is a talent theres no doubt.
Need him to pick one and cruise it back for 6, or a mazy punt return.

Time to shine Pacman

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
He is a good corner, but a turnover waiting to happen in the return game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea I couldn't believe it. After missing what? 4 or 5 weeks? I expected rust. I have no idea what he did while he was suspended but it sure wasn't the strip club. He was somewhere working on his game. Yesterday I said I hate that the Cowboys are relying on Pac-Man again in coverage and should just have him punt and kick returning since you can just replace those guys with no problems but I don't think we can afford to not have him out on the field.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
didn't want to create a new thread...

Pacman Jones vows silence for rest of season

12:54 PM Mon, Dec 08, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Controversial CB Adam "Pacman" Jones has refused to talk to reporters since his jivin' at the Joule incident that resulted in a six-game suspension. But he did answer one question today.

When is he going to talk to the media again.

"Never," Pacman answered, but he amended that to the rest of the season.

Comments (5) Leave comment | E-mail entry

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not sure what was going on in the return game. I can tell why he's back there. Even though he doesn't do much you can tell he's talented. I just think he's a good block or two away from breaking one. Yesterday he looked nervous for whatever reason. He was running like he was on skates. Tashard Choice was too. I guess it was the grass?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
koolaid;2473982 said:
That muffed punt was scary, but at least we didnt lose it so no harm no fowl.

He muffed it, but then he got on it, and the whistle blew. He was down.

Not sure why they allowed the Steelers to continue to maul him, and eventually drag him away from the pile.

gazjor1

Reaction score
There was no grass - i think the Penguins play on that field now and then !!!

MrMom

Reaction score
Played well on defense, but continues to struggle on punt/kick returns. I'm pretty sure that muffed punt in the second quarter that bounced off of Battle's leg that Pittsburgh recovered would be on Jones. He needs to clear everyone out in that situation.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
He's such a tease though. Because for as obviously talented as he is, how long can we trust a guy with his track record that is one slip up away from being dismissed from the league?

It's a shame because he's obviously a real good corner, but I can't help but feel like we're on borrowed time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
He played pretty well at corner yesterday and that is more than I could have hoped for out of him given how much time he's not been on the football field in the last two seasons.

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2474000 said:
didn't want to create a new thread...

Pacman Jones vows silence for rest of season

12:54 PM Mon, Dec 08, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Controversial CB Adam "Pacman" Jones has refused to talk to reporters since his jivin' at the Joule incident that resulted in a six-game suspension. But he did answer one question today.

When is he going to talk to the media again.

"Never," Pacman answered, but he amended that to the rest of the season.

Comments (5) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Love it!

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2474064 said:
He played pretty well at corner yesterday and that is more than I could have hoped for out of him given how much time he's not been on the football field in the last two seasons.

Maybe he FINALLY has his head screwed on right.

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2473992 said:
He is a good corner, but a turnover waiting to happen in the return game.

Not anymore that Pat "Fair Catch" Crayton trying to be Deion by holding the ball the way he does on punt returns. That bum is a tunrnover waiting to happen

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I noticed that they tested him early and didn't go near him the rest of the way... he did look a little rusty in returns, but I don't mind as long as he keeps breaking up passes!

BTW....Jenkins isn't done for the year is he?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2474105 said:
I noticed that they tested him early and didn't go near him the rest of the way... he did look a little rusty in returns, but I don't mind as long as he keeps breaking up passes!

BTW....Jenkins isn't done for the year is he?

Jenkins is probably gonna play this week.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
MrMom;2474029 said:
Played well on defense, but continues to struggle on punt/kick returns. I'm pretty sure that muffed punt in the second quarter that bounced off of Battle's leg that Pittsburgh recovered would be on Jones. He needs to clear everyone out in that situation.

Pretty sure that 12 men on defense penalty was on him, too, with the way Wade glared at him when he came off the field. And Bob Sturm was saying that the frantic Scandrick timeout just before the snap was because Pacman wasn't where he was supposed to be.

I do think he had one of his better coverage games, though.