Adam Schein Names Cowboys One Of Team's With Best Chance To Dethrone Patriots

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It feels like an annual spring tradition. Yes, the Golden State Warriors are in the NBA Finals for the fifth straight year! It's an incredible accomplishment, as they're just the second team in league history to achieve the feat.

Their coach, Steve Kerr, is an absolute gem. The star power and togetherness of this group is amazing. In some ways, the Warriors, who have won three of the last four titles (including the last two), have become the NBA's version of the New England Patriots. Sensational coach. Legendary players. There's a culture of winning, the best players buy in to the system and they're stacking titles.

Yet, the Warriors' opponent in the Finals, which begin on Thursday night, are the Toronto Raptors, led by three-time All-Star Kawhi Leonard. They have home-court advantage and a great opportunity to win this series. The Warriors can be had. I think. So can the reigning-champion Patriots in 2019. Maybe.

The NFL has never been deeper or better, in my opinion, so there is certainly no shortage of good candidates for my list of clubs that can keep New England from repeating. Heck, I don't even have really good teams like the New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks or Baltimore Ravens on this list. The Houston Texans didn't make it, either. And I don't have the guts to include the intriguing San Francisco 49ers. Not yet, at least.

So, here are the teams with the best chance to dethrone the Patriots in the upcoming season, Schein 9 style:
--

3) Dallas Cowboys

Yes, there is legit dethroning ability here. Dallas can run the ball and play defense as well as any team in the league. Heck, they might even be the best at it. Ezekiel Elliott is a star. The linebacker core is excellent with Jaylon Smith, Leighton Vander Esch and Sean Lee capable of dominating. DeMarcus Lawrence is one of the league's top pass rushers, and the defensive backfield is underrated. With a full season of having Amari Cooper at his disposal, Dak Prescott could have the best year of his career. Jason Witten and Randall Cobb should help, even though they're past their primes. Plus, don't sleep on the impact Kellen Moore could have after being promoted from QBs coach to offensive coordinator. I'm really excited about his potential in that role.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ethrone-patriots-in-2019?campaign=Twitter_atn

Maybe this is the year that some fans on here finally figure out that coaching matters. Coaching for scheme, coaching for the QB, ect…..ect…..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The hype reigns supreme at this time of the year and this year appears to be no exception. :rolleyes:

Regardless, I'm definitely inclined to entertain such delusions. It feels deliciously satisfying! :D

Look, Im as negative as anyone, but the roster is legit, save for the safety position. If we can avoid any major injuries we have a legitimate shot.

Garrett has finally been fully exfoliated from the offense. Its someone else's now. Moore will be the linchpin.

Dak is in his 4th season and should be entering his prime. Line is healthy again, and we have great depth in some key areas.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
It feels like an annual spring tradition. Yes, the Golden State Warriors are in the NBA Finals for the fifth straight year! It's an incredible accomplishment, as they're just the second team in league history to achieve the feat.

Their coach, Steve Kerr, is an absolute gem. The star power and togetherness of this group is amazing. In some ways, the Warriors, who have won three of the last four titles (including the last two), have become the NBA's version of the New England Patriots. Sensational coach. Legendary players. There's a culture of winning, the best players buy in to the system and they're stacking titles.

Yet, the Warriors' opponent in the Finals, which begin on Thursday night, are the Toronto Raptors, led by three-time All-Star Kawhi Leonard. They have home-court advantage and a great opportunity to win this series. The Warriors can be had. I think. So can the reigning-champion Patriots in 2019. Maybe.

The NFL has never been deeper or better, in my opinion, so there is certainly no shortage of good candidates for my list of clubs that can keep New England from repeating. Heck, I don't even have really good teams like the New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks or Baltimore Ravens on this list. The Houston Texans didn't make it, either. And I don't have the guts to include the intriguing San Francisco 49ers. Not yet, at least.

So, here are the teams with the best chance to dethrone the Patriots in the upcoming season, Schein 9 style:
--

3) Dallas Cowboys

Yes, there is legit dethroning ability here. Dallas can run the ball and play defense as well as any team in the league. Heck, they might even be the best at it. Ezekiel Elliott is a star. The linebacker core is excellent with Jaylon Smith, Leighton Vander Esch and Sean Lee capable of dominating. DeMarcus Lawrence is one of the league's top pass rushers, and the defensive backfield is underrated. With a full season of having Amari Cooper at his disposal, Dak Prescott could have the best year of his career. Jason Witten and Randall Cobb should help, even though they're past their primes. Plus, don't sleep on the impact Kellen Moore could have after being promoted from QBs coach to offensive coordinator. I'm really excited about his potential in that role.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ethrone-patriots-in-2019?campaign=Twitter_atn
Lets get this right...you are saying Jason Garrett and Jerry Jones over Bill Belichick. If you think that will ever happen, go ahead and buy that swamp land in Florida that is now part of the Gulf of Mexico. Belichick just made a fool of Sean McVay in the Super Bowl.

With Jason Garrett you will never ever going to get the Cowboys in a position to go against Bill Belichick and the Patriots in a Super Bowl.

Never Ever Going to Get It.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's absolutely right if the quarterback can do his part.

The roster otherwise is there.

Yep we are 1 quality QB away from a Superbowl!!!!!!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
We have a dysfunctional FO

An incompetent big mouth GM

An incompetent HC

And a top flight RB that can't control himself in the off season.

This is hardly a recipe for dethroning anybody.

Stop, just stop! This dysfunctional front office has put together the best draft classes year after year. This is a team loaded with talent. Go ahead and harp on the coaching, but the front office has been amazing.

The running back has won two of the past three rushing titles and last year he added pass catching to his repertoire.

Are you being negative just to be negative?

Johnny23

Reaction score
Stop, just stop! This dysfunctional front office has put together the best draft classes year after year. This is a team loaded with talent. Go ahead and harp on the coaching, but the front office has been amazing.

The running back has won two of the past three rushing titles and last year he added pass catching to his repertoire.

Are you being negative just to be negative?
You're telling me you're okay with the pure idiocy that flows freely from Jerry and his son that run this organization? Fans like you infuriate me because you're willing to overlook Jerry and his family not really changing their modious orperndi at all and by the player hype. Constantly taking the bait.

This year it's Amari Cooper finally not disappearing for games at a time even though he literally did his usual monster game like AB,Julio,or Hopkins to 5 games like he's some scrub holding onto a roster spot.

It's we don't need a top flight safety. Low rent safety gazillion Woods and Heath can start even though they're backups on recent super bowl teams.

I could go on and on. I love this team but we've always been able to assemble talent. That's never been an issue. Bob Kraft doesn't have a Socks and jocks mentality were he talks about playtime and snap counts for players like Jerry and son. It's tone deaf to not see the obvious that the way the Jones have done business hasn't got us close to a super bowl in nearly 3 decades. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I think the Super bowl hype is overrated and far fetched. The odd year curse striking again would not surprise me.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Adam Schien? Who cares what that azz clown has to say. Seriously. Today’s media is a festering pile of hugely fermented cow crap. Any idiot can say the same thing he did. Means about the same.

There are posters here that can crush a bottle of Jack Daniels and wash it down with a 6 pack and be more interesting than Adam Schien. That guy is a moron.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

--

3) Dallas Cowboys

We have the depth and we have the starters.
Alle hinge on the QB:If Dak can step it up an just be at least a good NFL QB we are championship bound!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zero chance. No QB and a toxic environment created by the lunatic owner that impedes his own coaching staff.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

--

3) Dallas Cowboys

The Patriots and the Warriors are a version of the San Antonio Spurs. The best sports organization in the US and probably the world.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We have a dysfunctional FO

An incompetent big mouth GM

An incompetent HC

And a top flight RB that can't control himself in the off season.

This is hardly a recipe for dethroning anybody.
Then go root for the Patriots so we don’t have to put up with your panty wad whining.