AdamJT: cap room?

Reaction score
Adam, how is our salary cap? Do we have enough room to get a guy like Bentley or Chris Hope. I think they would really help.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboytillidie said:
Adam, how is our salary cap? Do we have enough room to get a guy like Bentley or Chris Hope. I think they would really help.
Adam has already posted that we could have almost as much cap room this year as last year. That would make signing both players plus a couple of others entirely possible.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Adam has already posted that we could have almost as much cap room this year as last year. That would make signing both players plus a couple of others entirely possible.

I looked at his post, but some of the articles being posted (Rogers article specifically) contradict some of Adams numbers more than a little bit. I'm certainly not a "cap expert" so I'm not claiming to know one way or the other - just some of the articles claim the 'Boys are really about 3 mil under right now. Doesn't take into account potential cuts, etc. I guess we won't really know until, oh...March 3rd? Maybe even soemtime in June since the figures are ever changing.

MrPhil

Reaction score
trueblue1687 said:
I looked at his post, but some of the articles being posted (Rogers article specifically) contradict some of Adams numbers more than a little bit. I'm certainly not a "cap expert" so I'm not claiming to know one way or the other - just some of the articles claim the 'Boys are really about 3 mil under right now. Doesn't take into account potential cuts, etc. I guess we won't really know until, oh...March 3rd? Maybe even soemtime in June since the figures are ever changing.

I believe the figure I saw was $16 million under. However, that figure is after the NLTBE are "credited" to next years cap and that has not happened yet which is why we are only shown with $3 million available.

Now, that $16 million would be before we sign any EFA or RFA of our own or do anything with the contracts of Allen, Adams, Glover, Ellis, Nguyen or Singleton.

To be clear, this is NOT my information. I got these figures from the thread in which AdamJT13, the REAL expert, provided it.

It sounds to me like we should have plenty of money in FA. Of course we may also want to use some of that to lock up some of our upcoming FA such as Witten, Roy and Newman.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Can we sticky the next time Adam explains it? Seems like we have a cap question every day......

Ashwynn

Reaction score
trueblue1687 said:
Anytime theres a conflict, the smart money will be on Adam. Hes proven time and again he knows what hes talking about. Till proven wrong, I shall take Adams figures as gospel. I still swear his last names is Jones.

MrPhil

Reaction score
TheHustler said:
Can we sticky the next time Adam explains it? Seems like we have a cap question every day......

Agreed.....

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Glad to hear we are in good shape with the cap space.......go Cowboys!

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Ashwynn said:
Anytime theres a conflict, the smart money will be on Adam. Hes proven time and again he knows what hes talking about. Till proven wrong, I shall take Adams figures as gospel. I still swear his last names is Jones.

I was going to post the same thing (actually, since I quoted you I guess I just did. DOH!). I have seen nimrods like John "Wally Cox" Clayton come out with cap figures that were drastically different from Adam's yet in the end Adam was ALWAYS proven to be correct.

He is also right on when it comes to projecting compensatory picks in the draft. The dude is amazing and a real asset to Cowboys fans everywhere.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
cowboytillidie said:
The $2 million number comes from the fact that we have about $90 million in charges for 2006 right now, and they're using an estimate of $92 million for the cap.

However, $9.6 million of those charges are bogus incentives for Rivera and Ferguson that were inserted to get around the 30 percent rule. Those will disappear one way or another. Another $500,000 is an LTBE Pro Bowl incentive for Flozell Adams, which will become NLTBE and won't count against the cap, since he didn't make the Pro Bowl this season. Another $585,000 will disappear when Jacob Rogers, Derek Pagel and Brett Visintainer are all released from injured reserve. Another $882,150 will disappear when Jason Witten, Bradie James and Andre Gurode void their contracts (although we can keep Witten and James by buying back 2006 for about $1.495 million each). And our LTBE loophole credit should be around $3.2 million. Add it all up, and we should end up with more than $16 million of cap room before making offers to our RFAs and EFAs -- and before doing anything about Allen, Adams, Ellis, Glover, Nguyen, Singleton, etc.
http://http://dallascowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=686509&highlight=bogus+incentives#post686509

Rockytop6

Reaction score
THUMPER said:
I was going to post the same thing (actually, since I quoted you I guess I just did. DOH!). I have seen nimrods like John "Wally Cox" Clayton come out with cap figures that were drastically different from Adam's yet in the end Adam was ALWAYS proven to be correct.

He is also right on when it comes to projecting compensatory picks in the draft. The dude is amazing and a real asset to Cowboys fans everywhere.

What he said -- two times.

ravidubey

Reaction score
TheHustler said:

In fact, not only sticky this but only allow Adam and admins to make posts on it so that Adam can keep it up to date without it growing gigantic.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
What does that cat do anyway?

How come he knows so much about EVERY teams cap situation and player contracts?

I'll bet my Red Lobster coupons that he's really Steven Jones.

As a matter of fact, I'd like for AdamJT provide us with his opinion on who he thinks the Cowboys will get in FA.

rojan

Reaction score
Ya...there should be more topics onpened up by him....I love his insight because he ovisouly knows what he is talkin about