Twitter: AdamJT13: Cowboys have 94.7% 4 & 1 success rate during Dak/Zeke

links18

Reaction score
1. If he had so much confidence in the defense and little in the offense, we should have deferred the overtime possession, with the expectation of gettting the ball needing only three to win.

2. After the Woods interception, should have run a draw, called the last time out and had Maher try it from 60 plus. He has the leg.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
Garrett to Linehan: Can we get this yard?

Linehan to Garrett: I got nothin

Garrett: Punt team!

conner01

Reaction score
No way around it.......this was a bad call by Jason Garrett (110% on him ).
Some fans want to go for every 4th and short
And I’m more about looking at what can go wrong more than what can go right
But in that situation there was really only one option
You have to go for it

snadler

Reaction score
It's more then just not going for it, it's about the confidence a coach shows in his players and the highest paid ones at that, this team was built on Zeke running the ball and the o-line not on the defense, you have got to take the shot, I'm sure fangraphs could tell you what the boys odds of winning the game would have been if they converted. When you coach not to lose, you lose every time..You know who doesn't coach to lose, Bellicheck, Pederson, and the Rams coach..and it shows in their team

T-RO

Reaction score
Do you have any confidence in this offense??? I don't get it. The offense has been horrific for almost a calendar year, and you guys are wanting him to go for it in OT on the Houston 42? You basically give them the game if you make that play.

The defense has played well. Using one of the best punters in the game to let your defense try to hold them gives you the best chance to win. Period.

That’s not how I think about football, nor how I want my coach to think. Play to win.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Garrett’s decision, IMO, was further vindicated because the Texans ended up getting into fieid goal position with more field to cover than they would have had if in fact they had stopped us on 4 and 1 from their own 41 yard line.

I don't follow this at all--those results suggest that giving them the ball either way would have meant a loss. How does that vindicate punting it to them, instead of trying to sustain the drive?

visionary

Reaction score
What I hate, we are a meddling 2-3 team now. We aren’t super bowl caliber.

NOW?

NOW?

Lol, we have been a middling team and not a SB contender for the last 20+ years with a couple of exceptions

Nothing has changed

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Some fans want to go for every 4th and short
And I’m more about looking at what can go wrong more than what can go right
But in that situation there was really only one option
You have to go for it

Agree.......especially they only needed a FG AND our D was obviously gassed. Notice number of missed tackles on Hopkins final reception.

JPostSam

Reaction score
the gutless decision to punt in overtime isn't what cost us this game.

the gutless decision to run a pathetic passing game from the first minute through the last whistle cost us this game.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. If he had so much confidence in the defense and little in the offense, we should have deferred the overtime possession, with the expectation of gettting the ball needing only three to win.

2. After the Woods interception, should have run a draw, called the last time out and had Maher try it from 60 plus. He has the leg.

Don't care how good your defense is, you never defer in OT...ever.