Adjustments. Why are we still discussing this?

aria

Reaction score
So it was all Garretts fault? Never mind the two fumbles or missed passes. Don’t blame Zeke, don’t blame Witten...blame the head coach, the same one that beat Peyton last year :rolleyes:

GMO415

Reaction score
Sunday evening was a wake up call. Anyone breathing air could see which version of the Cowboys we've seen this year looked like a playoff team and which one didn't.
Two years in a row, we play each other and the outcome looks the same. There's something to that, for both teams.

willia451

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't do adjustments very well. He'll probably make the playoffs. Or maybe not? Who knows?

The important thing is.................are you not entertained?

C'mon guys. You're not even trying.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why didn't we make adjustments after the first half? We were still trying to move the ball deep down field, and run the ball into a wall. We should have been dinking-and-dunking to EzE, Pollard, and our TEs.

We could have moved the ball a lot better than EzE's 35 total yards in rushing.

Adjustments have never been an issue this season till NO. I expect it to return this Sunday against GB.

There's only 1 adjustment that is most important how can we take advantage of the defense playing stop King Zeke?
Beyond that I really don't see anything else that sticks out.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I find it alarming that whenever Garret's team has any modicum of success it is inevitable that the team will go away from what worked. Time and time again, Garrett's team will make an adjustment that works and then subsequently go back to the way things were before the success. It's as if Garrett wants to prove that his way will work especially after being proven that it doesn't.

Or Garrett's beliefs are simply impervious to empirical evidence. That's my impression.

Like the NYG game where we didn't play Zeke last year, early this season we opened up the offense while Zeke was playing himself into shape. It worked! Yay! But once Zeke is deemed fully ready, we went back to the same old same old, and Pollard stopped seeing the field.

Short passing game to Felix as a *first* option with Kitna in 2010. Disappeared when Tony came back. Sad.

I wonder about 2016 too. We probably made an emergency offense for Dak. And it worked.

Started 2017 with Dak trying to be Romo at the oline.

Garrett's emergency offenses are often good. Once the emergency passes, it's back to his ideological preferences. Same old same old.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett clearly had his old script for this game but it doesn’t come with adjustments. Moore was not allowed to deviate...
Moore was challenged for the first time and he pooped his pants. We'll see what he's made of this week. Garrett just need to work on his pregame speech and his next t shirt.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why didn't we make adjustments after the first half? We were still trying to move the ball deep down field, and run the ball into a wall. We should have been dinking-and-dunking to EzE, Pollard, and our TEs.

We could have moved the ball a lot better than EzE's 35 total yards in rushing.

Adjustments have never been an issue this season till NO. I expect it to return this Sunday against GB.

What adjustments? Every game we have been in control of at halftime. There was no need for adjustments. Garrett has shown he has zero ability to ever make adjustments. They have one gameplan. If it doesn't work, we are screwed and will keep running it and hoping and praying it worked.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Or Garrett's beliefs are simply impervious to empirical evidence. That's my impression.

Like the NYG game where we didn't play Zeke last year, early this season we opened up the offense while Zeke was playing himself into shape. It worked! Yay! But once Zeke is deemed fully ready, we went back to the same old same old, and Pollard stopped seeing the field.

Short passing game to Felix as a *first* option with Kitna in 2010. Disappeared when Tony came back. Sad.

I wonder about 2016 too. We probably made an emergency offense for Dak. And it worked.

Started 2017 with Dak trying to be Romo at the oline.

Garrett's emergency offenses are often good. Once the emergency passes, it's back to his ideological preferences. Same old same old.

Or when Jerry Jones publicly criticizes... Deploys emergency offense.. Looks great and wins JJs favor again... Then goes back to same old offense.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Who knows? I'm just wondering why some of you guys are not coaching in the NFL. OOOH :lmao:

Just as much as I am wondering why Garrett deserved to be the Cowboys head coach-in-waiting after being a QB coach in Miami with no demonstrated success.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Perhaps that had a lot to do with it. The first half must be scripted and the coaches won't deviate that quickly.
That’s pathetic if true. We should’ve known after the first drive what we could and couldn’t do. I hate our entire staff, now even Moore than I did before.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing some factual data on gametime adjustments, because I think the phrase is misused.

No one here has a clue what adjustments are made at halftime. It's like "coaching", a catch all for anything. Just say it and a bunch of people will agree with it.

Meanwhile, players - except those for whom the poster has a personal agenda - get a pass. :muttley:

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Someone asked Garret about half time adjustments and he said no team adjusts at half time you adjust every single drive. Which is the right answer but we all know how it looks.

Techsass

Reaction score
Just as much as I am wondering why Garrett deserved to be the Cowboys head coach-in-waiting after being a QB coach in Miami with no demonstrated success.
The hours are way too long & even when you're successful people rag on you non-stop.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
The hours are way too long & even when you're successful people rag on you non-stop.

I have witnessed managers who are deemed successful despite their own leadership and more so due to others around them.