Admit It!

TheCritic

Reaction score
As frustrated as you are against the Cowboys organization for not adequately addressing the left tackle position much sooner, aren't you at least a bit relieved that we got this worst case scenario over with? I am. Tired of worrying about what we all knew was coming. Much rather take the bad medicine now and move on.

manster4ever

Reaction score
As frustrated as you are against the Cowboys organization for not adequately addressing the left tackle position much sooner, aren't you at least a bit relieved that we got this worst case scenario over with? I am. Tired of worrying about what we all knew was coming. Much rather take the bad medicine now and move on.

In other words, just rip off the scab now.....I get it and partially agree but thanks to Bourbon Bro Jerrah and his dopey kid, we are probably screwed.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Yep, get ready for this 7-10 season.

I think I know what you mean.
While the season is still ahead of us as we are 0-0 we also have pretty much a built in excuse so it’s basically free money if they get some fun wins this year and make some noise. It’s lowered expectations.

this whole franchise needs to learn to just do things the right way. Prepare. Appreciate the game. Build good work habits and character. They drive themselves crazy with all this superbowl ****. I don’t think they’d even be happy it they win it. It would just be like a weight was lifted.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
yeah sure.. before the Tyron injury, I only worried that we're gonna suck.

After the Tyron injury, it's confirmed. We're gonna suck.

Very relieved.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Honestly I feel absolutely no relief because the games still have to be played and instead of looking forward to them going in at least on a level playing field.

Now we are crippled we are at the mercy of Fletcher Cox and Jordan Davis.

I will feel no relief in watching the penalties mount the down and distance become unmanageable our quarterback have to run constantly to keep the change moving.

In short with Tyron Smith out our offense grinds to a screeching halt with uncanny regularity and it will be painful to watch

As of now there is no relief in sight.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Honestly I feel absolutely no relief because the games still have to be played and instead of looking forward to them going in at least on a level playing field.

Now we are crippled we are at the mercy of Fletcher Cox and Jordan Davis.

I will feel no relief in watching the penalties mount the down and distance become unmanageable our quarterback have to run constantly to keep the chains moving.

In short with Tyron Smith out our offense grinds to a screeching halt with uncanny regularity and it will be painful to watch

As of now there is no relief in sight.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No because I don't waste my time worrying about things like that. My worrying has no affect on what happens or not, so why make myself miserable worrying about things before they happen? It's like not being able to enjoy driving your new car because you worry all the time about the first ding to the body

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Jeff Saturday said it could have come at a much worse time so I'm good with that.

TheCritic

Reaction score
No because I don't waste my time worrying about things like that. My worrying has no affect on what happens or not, so why make myself miserable worrying about things before they happen? It's like not being able to enjoy driving your new car because you worry all the time about the first ding to the body
Right, but this one is a no-brainer. The chances of Tyron Smith staying healthy this season, based on his track record since 2015 was slim to none. Just glad it happened now vs middle of the season because whoever replaces him will have more games to get better.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Now the front office knows we can't count on Tyron to stay healthy. Most fans already knew but as we all know, the front office is slow to recognize their own mistakes. There will be no playing around with the offensive line next year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
yes..but why not have a plan B? We put all our eggs in the rookie LT basket? Never a good idea. We should have signed a viable stop gap in the case of Tyron getting hurt. We failed. The good news is we still can, but likely will not. We had 0 contingency plan.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think ^ is fairly accurate. I agree. 7-10. A great LT is worth 3 wins.

Provided that LT played all games. Even if Tyron wasn't out for the season, he was still going to miss games like he has every year for the last 6 seasons.