Admit you were wrong about any NFL player who turned out great

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Stafford. When the rams traded for him, I lol’d. I thought he was better than Goff but not substantially

Mannix

Reaction score
Justin Herbert. I saw him underwhelm me 2 - 3 times in college....he looked absolutely TERRIBLE when Oregon lost at ASU in 2019....I was dead W-R-R-O-O-NG about him. ***Fonzie voice***

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I, and many other people were wrong about Micah Parsons. I wanted Surtain over Micah.

I thought Micah would be a good to great run stopping LB. What I and apparently several NFL teams didn’t see was his ludicrous ability to rush the passer.

Last edited by a moderator:

FrankM

Reaction score
Peyton Manning.

Thought he was at his ceiling already because of his pedigree and polish and that he'd end up ordinary (as in solid starter but no more than that) at the next level.
I was wrong about Peyton Manning as well. I thought Ryan Leaf would be the better qb when they where drafted.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers. Didn’t think he would be that great. Jeff Tedford QB. Slid in the draft. Figured there had to be a reason.

I thought he would be decent. But one of the best ever? No way.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Travis Frederick - wrong about him twice. Looked like a wasted draft pick coming in. Then at the peak of his pro bowl career he got sick and then forced to retire.

CWR

Reaction score
I usually don't go out on a limb, because I don't know college that well.

That said I mocked Texan fans after they passed on Reggie Bush and Vince Young.

CWR

Reaction score
Tom Brady. I wasn't buying the hype the first few seasons he started. That NE defense was legit and made a ton of plays, so I felt Brady was along for the ride more so than him doing anything deserving of all the praise the media heaped on him.

Russ Wilson was kind of the same for me. At least his rookie year. I said there is no way a rook is gonna beat Dallas. I was wrong. Thanks Cowboys.

I was dead on about Romo. The man was dicing them in the preseason, and I couldn't wait for Bledsoe to step aside.

erod

Reaction score
Priest Holmes.

What was Texas doing with him the whole time?

Of course, the most obvious for everyone is Tom Brady.

Havic

Reaction score
Herbert. Threw a bunch of INT's in the college game and didnt think he would make the leap.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Terrell Suggs.

That's when I realized that combine numbers don't matter. I think he had a 24 inch vert and ran a 4.8 forty time.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Eli Manning winning 2 SBs was a surprise . But he was not great ,so I wouldnt count that.

Drew Brees is a surprise , I thought he was too small to thrive in NFL but he proved otherwise.
Eli wasn't great but he was above avg and played elite in the playoffs.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
I bought a really nice Ryan Leaf collectors card # 2 pick over the first guy in his draft because I thought he was all hype. Anyone remember that guys name?

ghst187

Reaction score
Derrick Henry bc he was just another guy who dominated at RB at Alabama and was gonna bust in the pros…just like those before him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire407

Reaction score
For me it's Micah Parsons as well. I expected that he would be OK since he was drafted in the first round, but I was surprised that he turned out to be great.

Flamma

Reaction score
For me it was Kyler Murray. He's not great, but I thought he was going to be absolute dog crap in the NFL.