Potential as a Strong side OLB:

Mark Anderson

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

Potential as a Strong side OLB:

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I'll help with the ones I have seen the most.

Bobby Carpenter

Advantages: Good size (6'2 1/2, 256) and speed combination. Has experience in stopping the run, dropping into coverage and rushing the passer. Put his hand on the ground as a nickel end in his senior season. Father, Rob, used to play for Parcells.

Disadvantages: Probably not quite as tall as you'd want. Suffered a fractured ankle on Nov. 19.

Potential as a Strong side OLB: Excellent. Seems to fit the 3-4 to a tee.

Chad Greenway

Advantages: Very productive at a major program. Coached by a member of the Belichick coaching tree. Great leader. Good in coverage.

Disadvantages: Not as productive as hyped. Only benched 16 reps of 225 at the combine and ran a 4.7. Video of him at the combine weigh in showed a guy with a lack of definition. Needs to hit the weights.

Potential as a Strong side OLB: I don't think he is a good fit at all in the 3-4 and I think his stock is dropping.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I'll take a couple.

__Thomas_Howard__

Strengths: He's fast and very good in pass coverage. Had 8 sacks in '04 when playing the weak side.

Weaknesses: Has decent size but doesn't play big and isn't physical. Production fell off badly in '05 when he was moved to the strong side.

Potential: None as a strong-side LB in the 3-4.

__Manny_Lawson__

Strengths: Tall, fast and athletic. Great pass rusher. Produced well in college. Has some experience at LB.

Weaknesses: Is kind of lean and doesn't play a very physical brand of ball.

Potential: Hard to say. There's no doubt that he's a great edge rusher with speed to burn, but whether he can shuck linemen to force the run or turn and run with TE's is unknown, at least in my book. He looks like a weak-side guy to me.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

I was going to to try to edit and put this stuff in the original post and try to develop a master list for comparisons against each guy. But I don't see a way to edit my post!

Doh!