Adversity is a good thing

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can find out in game 1, testing the OL depth.
There will be mistakes and learning curves. Will need to see adjustments as they go.

Probably best now to find out, than during a playoff push and if critical games.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This team needs to face tough times where the backups have to step up. This will only make us a better team in the long run. The cowboys need to have the mental fortitude to overcome injuries and win games.
Sounds nice to say, but the application is more difficult. To have to depend on two possible rookies on the Oline is game #1 is not optimal. Would rather it be later in the season.

stuckindc

Reaction score
LOL...........yah right and when some of us told you that starters on the Oline might get injured you said they would be fine.
I try to stay positive. Don’t want to go to the dark places. Gonna have to see what the young guys can do. I like Bass and Richards. We’re gonna find out sooner than we would like.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I try to stay positive. Don’t want to go to the dark places. Gonna have to see what the young guys can do. I like Bass and Richards. We’re gonna find out sooner than we would like.
Im a realist and I am just reacting to all this overzealous homer glee about losing two Olineman not meaning anything.

Cowboys93

Reaction score
Agreed. There was no plausible way this OL was going to make it all year. We need to battle test the depth and determine whether a move needs to be made earlier than later

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Rusty Dak behind a patchwork OL.....that's too adverse. He struggles when he has all world protection in front.

plymkr

Reaction score
Which game would you prefer injuries to occur that forced young players to play?
I’d much rather have injuries early in the season than later. I still feel losing CBs during the season really hurt us going into SF. We went into SF with depending on Joseph, who is not with the team, and a mentally broken Maher, who also is no longer with the team.

Losing those DBs really hurt as well as losing Steele. At least now we have time to test out Bass and Ashim before the playoffs. And fortunately Tyron and Tyler are not out for the season. I also didn’t expect our offense to be in sync the 1st game anyway. Dak doesn’t play all that great in season openers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agreed. There was no plausible way this OL was going to make it all year. We need to battle test the depth and determine whether a move needs to be made earlier than later
Right.............so 2 starters going down is a good thing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It builds character if handled properly.
No thanks. This is an important game against the Giants. Starting off the year 0-1 is not the way to go. Would be much better to let these young rookies get more experience in the system before they get thrown to the wolves. This is worst case scenario for any kind of Oline injury. Other that going into the playoffs.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
No thanks. This is an important game against the Giants. Starting off the year 0-1 is not the way to go. Would be much better to let these young rookies get more experience in the system before they get thrown to the wolves. This is worst case scenario for any kind of Oline injury. Other that going into the playoffs.
Oh, I hope we win, my comment was in general.