Advise for parents with bad kids.

jcollins28

Reaction score
Got this in e-mail thought someone here might enjoy it. (Dave I'm talking to you!)

Much has been said about "tough love" for misbehaving children.

Most of America's populace thinks it very improper to spank children, so
my wife and I have tried other methods to control our kids when they have one of "those moments."

One that we found very effective is for me to just take the child for a car ride and talk.

They usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our little car ride together.

I've included the photo below of one of my sessions, with our son
Robert, in case you would like to use the technique.

Sincerely,

Edward Anglesey

Example

kid_981.jpg

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
well i think Denis Leary's method is better and that is "waving the gun" :D

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way. But parents with "bad children" is because they're bad parents.

Children are a reflection of their environment. Just like everything else.

Tagline applies

jcollins28

Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
Please don't take this the wrong way. But parents with "bad children" is because they're bad parents.

Children are a reflection of their environment. Just like everything else.

Tagline applies

???? Yeah thanks for that Dr. Luara mean while back here on a planet we call earth. This is meant as a joke. Do you really think someone out there is doing 99 mph with their kid on the hood of their car?

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
jcollins28 said:
???? Yeah thanks for that Dr. Luara mean while back here on a planet we call earth. This is meant as a joke. Do you really think someone out there is doing 99 mph with their kid on the hood of their car?

:laugh2:

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
jcollins28 said:

Point taken. But I didn't see that pic till after I wrote what I wrote.

Hey, win some, lose some,...right?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Back when my ex-fiancee was still my fiancee, her 3 boys ranged in age from 3 to 8... as you might imagine, there were instances when they got a bit, well, fractious... of course, I never, ever encouraged them in this fractiousness...

This one evening, we reached a point where you just knew those boys had stepped on her last nerve... she was steamin' mad, and I figured what the hell, why not see if I can REALLY get her goin'??

I quietly suggested that, though I was a lifelong bachelor, I had special instincts when it came to the handling of kids, and that I knew just what to do in that situation-- rock 'em to sleep...

She looked at me somewhat skeptically (actually, she raised one eyebrow like Mr Spock, which I never knew she could do), as if she doubted my approach...

Until I told her to use about a 3 pound rock... the look of skepticism in her big brown eyes changed to one of amusement, and I swear for just a second there, I saw her pondering where she might find such a rock...

The boys wouldn't come near me for about six months after that one... LOL...

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Back when my ex-fiancee was still my fiancee, her 3 boys ranged in age from 3 to 8... as you might imagine, there were instances when they got a bit, well, fractious... of course, I never, ever encouraged them in this fractiousness...

This one evening, we reached a point where you just knew those boys had stepped on her last nerve... she was steamin' mad, and I figured what the hell, why not see if I can REALLY get her goin'??

I quietly suggested that, though I was a lifelong bachelor, I had special instincts when it came to the handling of kids, and that I knew just what to do in that situation-- rock 'em to sleep...

She looked at me somewhat skeptically (actually, she raised one eyebrow like Mr Spock, which I never knew she could do), as if she doubted my approach...

Until I told her to use about a 3 pound rock... the look of skepticism in her big brown eyes changed to one of amusement, and I swear for just a second there, I saw her pondering where she might find such a rock...

The boys wouldn't come near me for about six months after that one... LOL...

I don't get it.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
jacs said:
jacs you know that chewing tobacco is bad for your health.

You should stick to grass... cows will vouch for the health benefits to cud.

If I have'nt been convinced you at this point please confer with midswat, he will tell you that pride goeth before the fall.

RIP middie. :storm: ... the Gods are at hand.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
StarKist said:
jacs you know that chewing tobacco is bad for your health.

You should stick to grass... cows will vouch for the health benefits to cud.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/marijuana.gif :thumbup: