AFC Dominance??? Well not entirely...

playit12

Reaction score
So after hearing last year about how the best team in the NFC wouldn't even make the playoffs in the AFC, it's nice to see at least one division is doing it's part to reverse that trend.

Football Outsiders just released it's updated Team rankings. Of note is the average DVOA rankings per conference. (The percent is the amount better or worse than an average team).

AFC West +20.5
NFC East +18.1
AFC North +8.4
AFC South +0.9
NFC South -5.7
AFC East -7.2
NFC North -9.4
NFC West -22.6

What I find most amazing in there is the statement that the average NFC East team is 23.8% better than the next best average team from the NFC.

Other stats...

Dallas is ranked 9th overall with a Total DVOA of 23.7%

15th in Offensive DVOA at 2.8%

3rd in Deffensive DVOA at 18.0%

And 9th in Special Teams DVOA at 2.9%

Total DVOA is essentially 3 parts O, 3 parts D, and 1 Part ST.

Individual Players are not up yet for this week, but I'll post whatever is interesting there later.

By the way... according to these updated stats... Our past schedule was the 14th hardest in the league while our remaining schedule is the 7th hardest. We have the 2nd hardest remaining schedule in the NFC behind only the eagles (Who have to play All of the NFC East teams of course). Washington's remaining schedule is ranked 10th.

For those that follow Football Outsiders, I believe this is the first ranking of the year with fully weighted defensive adjustments.