AFCC: Cincinnati at KC Game Thread

DZSierra

Reaction score
Guys, no matter who the team, when two good teams play each other, you can assume calls are going to get blown or perhaps seem to favor one team over the other.

Sometimes what it all comes down to is who can make the least mistakes.

The call roughing the passer call was a good call IMO by the letter of the law, added fact you KNOW when a QB is running out of bounds, the ref is going to be watching closely on what you do to him once his foot is out of bounds (he was pushed out of bounds). Anyway you cut it, the Cinci screwed the pooch on that play which gave the chance of the late FG.

The ONLY team really ever screwed IMO was the Saints against the Rams on the no call PI.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
There was not a single penalty that was not obvious. The late hit was obvious, the intentional grounding was obvious. If the refs ignore obvious penalties then they are deciding the game in a worse way than simply calling it fairly.
I will say on the grounding penalty the only reason Jones got to Burrow was because he committed a blatant hands to the face against the guy blocking him

No problem with the grounding call
But it should have been offsetting and replay the down

I honestly don't know how an NFL crew misses a guy being transformed into a PEZ dispenser 2 yards from the QB.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
LOL. Let me clue you in on something.

You can't touch any player like that out of bounds. It's against the rules. Forget QB, if a WR firmly established himself out of bounds and a defender then shoves him, it's gonna get called. That's the rule.
Physics.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jmo....but it looked to me like both home teams yesterday got a ton of calls (or non calls) in their favor.
It seemed very lopsided. Moreso in the Philly game--which was insane--but also some key calls against Cincy (or non-calls for KC)

Oh well.
In the end the idiotic (and real) roughing 15 yard call on Cincy clinched it for KC. Turned a 60 yarder in cold weather into a 45 yarder for the win.

Should be a good Super Bowl

DFWJC

Reaction score
I laugh at Ga. and Alabama and the others.... You put the best Texas players against their best players from their state, and you know who wins... every time !!! :laugh:
I live in Texas and love Texas HS football, but both Georgia and especially Alabama have FAR more NFL players than Texas on a per capita basis.
Seeing that Texas has about twice as many people as those two states combined, that's not saying much to say they have more NFL players.

DFWJC

Reaction score
LOL I mean that's literally why it's a late hit. You can't do that when the QB or any player has established himself out of bounds.

Is it that you don't know the rules or wanted the Bengals to win and just want to whine?
That was about as straightforward of a penalty as it gets.
Completely non-debatable. He was WAY out of bounds

Bummed me out because I was pulling for the Bengals and felt they were getting shafted all day by the refs. But that last penalty was real.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don't think refs are out the rig who wins, otherwise the fairy tale story would have been for Buffalo to win the Super Bowl after Damar Hamlin (if it was all fake) but I think they care about the point spread.
But you see, Buffalo was the conspiracy theorists' bandwagon when the playoffs started. When that didn't happen then they hopped a different bandwagon. But the hundreds of theories they get wrong magically don't count against their trustworthiness somehow (remember when there was no way Green Bay would lose to the Lions, lol). And now watch, the bandwagon will go from the NFL rigged things for KC (because they wanted them to lose) to the NFL rigging things against KC (because now they want them to beat the Eagles).

Everyone claiming the NFL is fake will be right back here in 2 weeks to tell you how the NFL is rigged all over again ..... when the game starts to go in a fashion they don't like. The NFL doesn't care why you watch, only that you watch, conspiracy kooks included. That's whey they won't change the reffing system because the eventual guaranteed human error will continue to generate controversy, and controversy sells because it gets people emotional. The real kicker is that if there really is conspiracy going on, you'd never know it because of all the 'spiracy people hopping from theory to theory (being mostly wrong) and confusing people (and themselves). It's perfect, actually.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Rigged freaking game..come on, Bengals stopped them they get a 5th play, then they get balked out.

I rewatched the game on NFL channel and Tony Romo caught what happened there and pointed it out. They showed the Ref come running out onto the field blowing his whistle to stop the play before the snap but there was so much noise they couldn't hear him and they ran the play anyway. That's why they called it back. It was legit.

Last edited: