"Affluenza" teen caught

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
(CNN)The so-called "affluenza" teen Ethan Couch and his mother, who were being sought by Texas authorities, have been detained in the Pacific resort town town of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Couch's cell phone use might have led authorities to the pair.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/29/us/affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-detained-in-mexico/

I hope he and his mother both end up in the slammer.

The judge that originally sentenced this kid needs his/her head examined also.

CashMan

Reaction score
(CNN)The so-called "affluenza" teen Ethan Couch and his mother, who were being sought by Texas authorities, have been detained in the Pacific resort town town of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

/agreed Something is wrong with that judge.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Without additional charges the most time he can serve in Texas jail for his current juvenile conviction is 120 days (when he turns 18).

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Without additional charges the most time he can serve in Texas jail for his current juvenile conviction is 120 days (when he turns 18).

Unfortunately, I think this is true. However, if he breaks it again, he can see much worse as an adult. His Mother, on the other hand, could get charged and face anywhere from 2 years to 10 years.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Puerto Vallarta...oddly enough that was where the Love Boat traveled to on many occcasions. Wonder if he and his mother were trying to stow away with Issac and Capt Stuebing?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think this is true. However, if he breaks it again, he can see much worse as an adult. His Mother, on the other hand, could get charged and face anywhere from 2 years to 10 years.

I have no doubt that some adult charges will be coming this young man's way. I'm thinking the judge that oversees his and his mother's case will now throw the book at them.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Puerto Vallarta...oddly enough that was where the Love Boat traveled to on many occcasions. Wonder if he and his mother were trying to stow away with Issac and Capt Stuebing?

That crew of the "love boat" stopped sailing a long time ago. Golpher (Fred Grandy) is now a US Congressman.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Take that Millennials and your parents who made your 5th grade math teacher give you an A! Boooyyyaaahhhh

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That crew of the "love boat" stopped sailing a long time ago. Golpher (Fred Grandy) is now a US Congressman.

For Reals!?!?!

LOL

On a serious note...he WAS a US Congressman. Not anymore.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

That judge did not run for re-election. So from my understanding that judge no longer is even on the job. Got their payoff and went into retirement.

Hopefully they finally give this brat an actual punishment that fits the awful crime he committed.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-4vmV0iAPemo/VoLPQYlzn7I/AAAAAAAC-i0/NdV73ZUDSxM/w346-h195/RJ6S6eY%2B-%2BImgur.gif

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score

Nope. Gofer was their inside man.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
For all this supposed money they have, Mexico is as far as they could go to escape the law???

Money had nothing to do with it, stupidity did. A quick google search will tell you which countries are beyond the reach of the US (with in reason, obviously if you are a terrorist they will find u anywhere).

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
For all this supposed money they have, Mexico is as far as they could go to escape the law???

What always puzzled me is that the father owns a sheet metal business that makes reportedly $15 million a year.

Yet, you hear about all of this money they were spending and threatened to spend like when the principal of the middle school questioned why Couch was driving a truck to school at the age of 13, the dad became irate and claimed he would buy the school.

$15 million a year is nothing to sneeze at, but it's not THAT type of money.

Something tells me that they make money in other ways or they are either fibbing about how much money they spend.

What I hated about the affluenza defense is that the judge should be able to say 'y'know...you're right. Your boy doesn't know right from wrong because he was brought up so affluently and coddled his entire life he didn't know any better. So, what I propose is that we send Mom and Dad to prison for the term that he should be serving instead.'

Something tells me that the parents would have had that defense changed right away and wanted the boy to be accountable.

YR

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Can't tell right from wrong, but conveniently gets the hell out of Dodge immediately after the video of him drinking comes out. Hmm, seemed pretty capable of knowing he screwed up to me.

The whole story is just maddening. The fact that he'll get another slap on the wrist is more maddening.

I take solace in knowing that there isn't a snowball's chance in hell he ever makes it to 2023 (provided his probation isn't extended for this incident) without screwing up again. He's going to screw up as many times as he's allowed to and he'll be in and out of prison serving various sentences and ultimately his entire life will be summed up by one probation violation after another. He'll never be free from the court system, every mistake he makes will be punished more severely than the last, and he'll likely spend years at a time behind bars.

I know they can't sentence him to any great term for this violation so I hope they just add another decade to his probationary period. Give him the rope and let him hang himself.