After 2 weeks to digest, I do see a plan

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"-Parsons, Neal, Urban, Odiggy, Golston, Bohanna

All these players excel at stopping the run.

-Kazee, Joseph, Wright, Cox

Every single player on this list has elite ball skills"

Wow, a defense with 9 elite players.

'85 Bears, you got nothing on this defense, why this defense should set records this year.

:rolleyes:
Ball skills are important.....

fivetwos

Reaction score
When you have no vision you're forced to react.

I mean they had to have Will McClay at the end of draft press conference to talk about the players when the bleeping Director of Player Personnel was already there.

That tells you all you need to know about this team and why it died in the 1990's.
Your truth is disturbing the fantasies I have for this team.

ESisback

Reaction score
Trust me when I tell you this. This front office has no plan.

If you'll ever believe a thing I say believe that.
Yeah, driven, intelligent people who are immersed in it for a living with billions invested have no plan. Except dumb luck.

I trust you appreciate my sarcasm, because you are The King!

75boyz

Reaction score
If speaking in terms of accomplishing Jerry's Master Plan of so called marketing relevance "regardless of on field success" then yes, this FO impressively continues its winning ways, lol.

ESisback

Reaction score
While many of the Eeyores, Dead Serious Armchair GMs, and ABDs bemoan many of the players the FO drafted instead of the hyped pet cats they wanted, ask yourself these questions...
Do drafting names like Kazee, Wright, Golston, Bohanna, Joseph, etc. equate with “market relevance”? Are all the draft pundits that handed out B’s or A’s part of JJ’s paid hype machine?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
"-Parsons, Neal, Urban, Odiggy, Golston, Bohanna

Every single player on this list has elite ball skills"

Wow, a defense with 9 elite players.

'85 Bears, you got nothing on this defense, why this defense should set records this year.

:rolleyes:
I think all of the teams we play are just going to forfeit after we destroy Tampa 79-0 on opening day

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The front office/coaching staff started the defensive rebuild this offseason, it is clear plan they first wanted to fix the run defense, then target players with high level ball skills:

-Parsons, Neal, Urban, Odiggy, Golston, Bohanna

Every single player on this list has elite ball skills and should help improve defensive turnovers, a major weakness for this team you many years. Wright is the player many are disappointed in the team drafting, but heard they believe he has Diggs type of ball skills also being a former wide receiver.
Glad we have a plan

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Gotta admit, I've had my doubts earlier but now that some valuable info has been given, I've really warmed up to our rookies! :grin:

I think Odighizuwa will be better than I first thought and the other gargantuan, 330-lb., Bohanna, should keep the OL off of our LBs.

Last edited:

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Rebuilding?

I think FA and draft shows me that we are moving to 3-4 personnel. NT, 3-4 DEs and LBs.

We will see how this pans out.
It's not going to be a 3-4 front, just a stand-up RE in the nickel. Against the run it may look more like a 3-4 front as it's designed to stop the run.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The defensive rebuild actually started last season with the drafting of Diggs and the hiring of Mike Nolan as the DC. We all know now how that turned out and so some adjustments had to be made. I applaud the Cowboys for being able to turn around that mistake in a year. At least Diggs looks like he will be a good contributor to our team. Bringing Dan Quinn on board to replace Mike Nolan appears to have had the effect of putting this defensive rebuild in hyper-drive. There seems to have been an asserted effort to designate the weakest points of this defense and focus on fixing them. Stopping the ground game was identified as that weakness and so as you so rightly pointed out, the recent acquisition in free agency and the draft reflects fixing that problem.
Diggs isn't like the other corners drafted, he has legit ball skills that should result in more turnovers.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Gotta say, I had some doubts earlier but now that some valuable info was given, I've truly warmed up to our rookies! :grin:
We have a couple of good players on defense, we added two potential stars in Parsons/Joseph, the rest will serve as role players that will allow these players to make more plays. Just protect the linebackers a little and they will look vey different that what we saw last season.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The front office/coaching staff started the defensive rebuild this offseason, it is clear plan they first wanted to fix the run defense, then target players with high level ball skills:

Every single player on this list has elite ball skills and should help improve defensive turnovers, a major weakness for this team you many years. Wright is the player many are disappointed in the team drafting, but heard they believe he has Diggs type of ball skills also being a former wide receiver.
Melifonwu should’ve been the pick instead of Wright. Every day.

jnday

Reaction score
I agree it does appear a plan is forming. A veteran NT would be a nice addition to assist the rookie.
I see a lot of faith being put into a 6th round pick that has not played a snap of pro football. Woods was not very good, but he should have been kept on the roster until there was a quality replacement. As bad as the defense was last season, I don’t see where the incoming rookies are much better at this point. Rookie defensive players usually have very little impact during their rookie seasons unless they are exceptional players.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
ELHlCeiXsAEr5EB.jpg

Do I look like a guy with a plan?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Despite that 3rd round and Jerry not retiring as GM it has been a good off season. They should be good. Should...

TwentyOne

Reaction score

The only plan is to sell a lot of mechandising articles and be forbes #1 again.

Else there is no plan because braindead JJ and his authentic sun are overmatched.