After round 3, our draft sucked

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Truth, We just tailed off. Philly really had the best draft. Their coaching is sub par however. So I’m optimistic

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Truth, We just tailed off. Philly really had the best draft. Their coaching is sub par however. So I’m optimistic
Well if your biggest desire was for RB I understand your disappointment, but the Cowboys have ignored building the trenches for far too long, and today that changed. We added 4 big strong guys for those trenches that are going to add the strength we so badly needed.
Good job Cowboys!!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It wasn't my favorite draft. There were no skill position picks that get you fired up. However, they addressed their biggest need and may have found 2 starters on the oline. Beyond that it was a bunch of depth and st guys this year.

I am very dissapointed RB wasn't addressed and at the moment we may have the worst RB room in the NFL. We also missed the boat on some WRs.

Reactions: CWR

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
we’ll see. i do like how active they are in FA. but let’s wait. remember how they got the best safety via trade last year? how did that go? not everything is great in philly

HungryLion

Reaction score
After round 3, everyone’s draft was a crap shoot where 90% of the players were taken are going to
Be busts or borderline roster players.

Nobody knows who hit on what in the later rounds until we see any of them actually play.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After round 3, everyone’s draft was a crap shoot where 90% of the players were taken are going to
Be busts or borderline roster players.

Nobody knows who hit on what in the later rounds until we see any of them actually play.
Wait what? The experts told us the 4th round lance pick would ruin us.

Robster8989

Reaction score
I think we had a solid draft.
We just had (and still have) a lot of holes.
Love the OL additions.
I think we are going to go back to the pound it ground game.
Think we checked the OL box very well.
I would have liked a RB, but looks like the thinking is RB by committee this year.
Think we also checked LB (though I feel we reached for Liafua).
Now let's see who gets released at positions we still need help at.

We still need 2 interior DL IMO. Both a 1 and a 3. I was surprised we didn't address that (I would have liked Jackson with 87, and then LB later, but that's just me).
I'm also concerned at Edge and think we could use a more proven rotational guy. We lost a lot of snaps with Armstrong and Fowler and I'm not sure Williams and Kneeland are ready to fill them (though they may be)
I also think we need another WR.
Hope some decent players get released and we can be active in this round of FA.

Verdict

Reaction score
I suspect that the guard we drafted in round 3 has the highest potential to be a solid starter of the entire draft class. Maybe not the very best player but the lowest bust factor.

I think Guyton’s floor is a marginal OT that can start but you have to protect and his ceiling is something shy of Tyron Smith.

I think the other round 2 and round 3 picks have about a 50 percent chance to bust.

Anything we got after round 3 is found money at this point.

JPostSam

Reaction score
in the first round, we drafted a right tackle who’s still learning the position to take over for tyron smith at left tackle.

in the second round, we drafted an edge rusher who we hope will be fourth on the depth chart.

in the third round, we drafted a stud left guard… to play center.

we then drafted a linebacker a round or two too soon.

the rest of the draft was “who?”

and our starting running back is rico dowdle.

i am saving my enthusiasm for next year’s draft… when we will undoubtedly pick much higher in each round.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pretty much an annual thing. Thats why I'd be fine trading any picks mid 4th and beyond for veteran players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Its funny for the last 3 or 4 years people have hyped up Philly's draft....where are all these players? What are they up to? Nolan Smith?