After the Packer game

playmakers

Reaction score
Is anybody like me and watching the games since then is like going through the motions? We know we were going to take 1st place and basically we dont have an important game until Jan 14-15th. Thats almost 2 months since the Packer game. I mean as a fan getting up for the Panthers, Lions, and Eagles was somewhat rough considering the season we had thus far. Big games almost every week earlier in the year vs the Pats, Giants, first Eagle game, at the time the Bears were defending NFC champs, Packers, Commander, etc. I guess a better term is it lost its luster since then. Let me ask you this would you rather be 13-2 and have no competetion or be 10-6 and the NFC is wide open? I still watched, taped and rewatched all of these games but I hope you understand what I mean. Opinions

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
We defenitely dont have the Killer instinct since the Packer game, but every game is a game we should be focused on and "be up" to win...thats why the Patriots will go undefeated because they are up and focused at the tast at hand..each weeks challenge.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I just don't get it?

What exactly do you guys want?

The Lions always play us tough, I think coming into the last game we were 3-3 against them over the last 6 seasons. Romo didn't look like he was going through the motions to me when he led that comeback win.

The Eagles are a division rival and they came extremely close to beating the Patriots.

If Terrell Owens doesn't go down, there is no doubt that we blowout Panthers. Remember, a week prior they beat the Seattle Seahawks, the 3rd Seed in the NFC.

In the days of parity and FA, it is very difficult for any team, including the Patriots to go out and blow teams out on a week to week basis, it just doesn't happen.

This team is 13-2 and has HF throughout the Playoffs, I just don't know what else they can do to make you guys comfortable?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1857656 said:
I just don't get it?

What exactly do you guys want?

The Lions always play us tough, I think coming into the last game we were 3-3 against them over the last 6 seasons. Romo didn't look like he was going through the motions to me when he led that comeback win.

The Eagles are a division rival and they came extremely close to beating the Patriots.

If Terrell Owens doesn't go down, there is no doubt that we blowout Panthers. Remember, a week prior they beat the Seattle Seahawks, the 3rd Seed in the NFC.

In the days of parity and FA, it is very difficult for any team, including the Patriots to go out and blow teams out on a week to week basis, it just doesn't happen.

This team is 13-2 and has HF throughout the Playoffs, I just don't know what else they can do to make you guys comfortable?

It is amazing. Most would consider the season the Cowboys have had thus far as a major success. Yes we have played some close games to teams that are not as good yet so have the Colts and Pats. This is the NFL and winning is not a walk in the park there will be games when teams jump up and challenge you and all the records and stats do not mean a thing when the ball is kicked off.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1857659 said:
It is amazing. Most would consider the season the Cowboys have had thus far as a major success. Yes we have played some close games to teams that are not as good yet so have the Colts and Pats. This is the NFL and winning is not a walk in the park there will be games when teams jump up and challenge you and all the records and stats do not mean a thing when the ball is kicked off.

Yep.

My only concern is for the health of the man that dons the #81.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1857664 said:
Yep.

My only concern is for the health of the man that dons the #81.

I'm somewhat concerned but honestly I think TO is going to be fine. He has a history of returning from injuries quickly. TO will have his people staying with him and treating him along with the use of his hypobaric chamber and his great conditioning I think TO will be fit and ready to go when the playoffs hit. I know this is a high ankle sprain but like Howie Long was saying when seeing TO walking in the tunnel laughing and with his agent with only a slight limp this sprain may not be as sever. I have seen some guys with sever high ankle sprains where they could not put any pressure on it.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
playmakers;1857543 said:
Is anybody like me and watching the games since then is like going through the motions? We know we were going to take 1st place and basically we dont have an important game until Jan 14-15th. Thats almost 2 months since the Packer game. I mean as a fan getting up for the Panthers, Lions, and Eagles was somewhat rough considering the season we had thus far. Big games almost every week earlier in the year vs the Pats, Giants, first Eagle game, at the time the Bears were defending NFC champs, Packers, Commander, etc. I guess a better term is it lost its luster since then. Let me ask you this would you rather be 13-2 and have no competetion or be 10-6 and the NFC is wide open? I still watched, taped and rewatched all of these games but I hope you understand what I mean. Opinions

All in all, I'd probably rather have the better record.

Of course the main thing that all of us want is for the Cowboys to play their best ball in this postseason.

I don't think the Cowboys have been playing their best ball during the past 3 games. Several players aren't healthy now and so that's a concern.

But as long as the team gets hot at the right time, everything will be fine.

The Colts weren't looking great as they went into the playoffs last year, but they ended up with the championship....

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
Im not complaining guys, i think weve had a great season and the win column has exceeded my expectations. All I was doing was responding to playmakers post and agreeing that I dont think we have been playing the best team football, some phases good some bad in the last few games. Im more than happy with where we are and only care about being healthy going into the playoffs. I could care less about the skins game.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;1857687 said:
Im not complaining guys, i think weve had a great season and the win column has exceeded my expectations. All I was doing was responding to playmakers post and agreeing that I dont think we have been playing the best team football, some phases good some bad in the last few games. Im more than happy with where we are and only care about being healthy going into the playoffs. I could care less about the skins game.

Agreed.