Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1st round: Where do we need to be looking and who do we need to be looking at

Day 2: Same as above

TheDank

Reaction score
Round 1:

Corner: Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Cam Smith, Porter Jr, Jaylon Jones(probably all go before 26 but wouldn’t hesitate to turn in the card for any of them). Brian Branch is a safety/nickel but honestly he could excel at any position in the backfield IMO.

DL: Lukas Van Ness (5/3t) think he’s gone at 26 but I’d trade up for him. Siaki Ika (1t). I could see Bresee falling due to medical and would be interested in him as well.

WR: Addison, Johnston

RB: Bijan only

OL: Broderick Jones could play LT or LG solidifying that side with Tyler Smith for the foreseeable future. O’Cyrus Torrence at LG I personally am not high on but most have him rated as the top G.

Vast majority of these guys won’t be there at 26, but there’s a decent possibility one of them slides to us, tried to keep it relatively realistic. LVN and Cam Smith are my personal favorites.

2nd

DT: Keanu Benton, Mazi Smith, Tuli Tuipuotu, Gervon Dexter

Corner: Ringo, Phillips

LB: Jack Campbell

Later rounds: I think Maryland misused WR Rakim Jarrett and he could end up being a steal

cowboyec

Reaction score
rd1...
michael mayer,te-notre dame
isaiah foskey,de-notre dame
siaki ika,dt-baylor
witherspoon,cb-illinois
quentin johnston,wr-tcu
rd2...
gervon dexter,dt-florida
mazi smith,dt-michigan
jarrett patterson,og/c-notre dame

cnuball21

Reaction score
BPA

We have needs almost everywhere and I doubt Jerry addressed them in FA.

RS12

Reaction score
They aren't good enough at QB to go any further than wild card in the playoffs. They aren't bad enough to be in a position to draft a franchise QB.

After that take your pick. DT at the top of the list.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
My first inclination is either DT or LG, but a #1 WR who maybe has speed or a starter type CB are both very up there. Also LBer lesser need and probably at some point need RB but never in first or probably even second round.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know what rounds as it depends on who the most talented guys available are but the Cowboys need:

DT run stuffing type, OG, C, possibly T, WR or 2, RB, MLB

stilltheguru

Reaction score
We wanted Jordan Davis. We'll if that guy from Baylor is available I'm confident he'll be at 26 since Jordan Davis didn't do much teams will be hesitant on taking a 1tech high

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
WR is the #1 concern in my mind. Dak did not play well last night, but when the All-22 comes out, I expect the WR tape to be a horror show. Michael Gallup and Noah Brown cannot separate. WR is the second most valuable position in football, and we have zero starting-level talent in the two spots behind CeeDee.

CB is #2. Very high-leverage position with very few answers on the boundary. Mukumaku had two good games, but do you want to roll with him for 17? Anthony Brown is a UFA with a blown wheel. KJ just looks checked out. That is a position with season-derailing potential if we can't get it figured out.

RT is #3. Tyron is falling apart. Peters is 40 and can't be counted on to return. We have nothing after them. I wouldn't say a bad RT alone could derail our season, but if Tyler Smith happened to get hurt, we couldn't survive with 2 bad tackles.

DT is #4. It's been starved of talent for forever, but Hankins + Osa + Bohanna gives me confidence that we can paper it over for 1 season.

RB is another position where the cupboard looks totally bare going into 2023, but that is super cheap to fix. We could get Motor Singletary or D'Onta Foreman to 800-1000 yards.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Not sure who is here and who is gone, and who was picked up via FA. Also not sure what they look like at the combine or Sr Bowl.

So evaluate your team, and evaluate the talent, and upgrade from low to high.

cnuball21

Reaction score
WR is the #1 concern in my mind. Dak did not play well last night, but when the All-22 comes out, I expect the WR tape to be a horror show. Michael Gallup and Noah Brown cannot separate. WR is the second most valuable position in football, and we have zero starting-level talent in the two spots behind CeeDee.

CB is #2. Very high-leverage position with very few answers on the boundary. Mukumaku had two good games, but do you want to roll with him for 17? Anthony Brown is a UFA with a blown wheel. KJ just looks checked out. That is a position with season-derailing potential if we can't get it figured out.

RT is #3. Tyron is falling apart. Peters is 40 and can't be counted on to return. We have nothing after them. I wouldn't say a bad RT alone could derail our season, but if Tyler Smith happened to get hurt, we couldn't survive with 2 bad tackles.

DT is #4. It's been starved of talent for forever, but Hankins + Osa + Bohanna gives me confidence that we can paper it over for 1 season.

RB is another position where the cupboard looks totally bare going into 2023, but that is super cheap to fix. We could get Motor Singletary or D'Onta Foreman to 800-1000 yards.

100% agree on WR and CB, but I’d put DT up there.

You didn’t mention Steele who is an RFA…not sure if he’ll be around or not.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
They aren't good enough at QB to go any further than wild card in the playoffs. They aren't bad enough to be in a position to draft a franchise QB.

After that take your pick. DT at the top of the list.
They could still draft a QB. The talent evaluations don't necessarily accurately predict who will be a starting quality QB, or the team could trade up.

My3Sons

Reaction score
326275907_842657173508042_2770228049404441689_n.jpg

Witherspoon if he is there. Stud that not only can cover, but will bring the wood. Diggs is scared of contact.