After thomas and brown whos next?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Is Staley the consensus #3 tackle? If so, might be a good one for us to target. With Fabini gone, and the Hotels contract up after this year, it would be a good thing to have another young guy besides McQ.
Seems to be pretty much a given that he goes late first, or early 2nd.

HardHittingRoy31

Reaction score
burmafrd;1448148 said:
Is Staley the consensus #3 tackle? If so, might be a good one for us to target. With Fabini gone, and the Hotels contract up after this year, it would be a good thing to have another young guy besides McQ.

I think Staley is the #3 tackle. The only problem is he is a little undersized for a tackle. I could see him in a zone-blocking scheme like Houston and Denver.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
burmafrd;1448148 said:

I wouldnt use our 1st pick on him...not that I think he's a bad prospect, I just think we can get somebody who will start or contribute more now with our #1 pick

if he were there in the 2nd I'd think about taking him..but I wouldnt draft Staley in the first rd unless I just had a gaping hole at tackle and was sure he can start this yr

David

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
dbair1967;1448168 said:
I wouldnt use our 1st pick on him...not that I think he's a bad prospect, I just think we can get somebody who will start or contribute more now with our #1 pick

if he were there in the 2nd I'd think about taking him..but I wouldnt draft Staley in the first rd unless I just had a gaping hole at tackle and was sure he can start this yr

David

I tend to agree with you on this issue.........good eval

burmafrd

Reaction score
Blalock will be a guard. There really does not seem to be another tackle outside of Staley that is even worth a second.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
burmafrd;1448269 said:
Blalock will be a guard. There really does not seem to be another tackle outside of Staley that is even worth a second.

Blalock can play both guard and tackle... I agree that Blalock will probably play G in the NFL. But... lots of things can and surely will happen by the time Flo's contract expires