After watching KC

stiletto

Reaction score
The Texans defense isnt exactly stellar. They were like our defense today. We will see how Mahomes looks against Tenn defense. They made Lamar look very pedestrian and NO team really did that all season. I do and always will believe Defense wins championships come playoff time..

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Does it even matter who is coach rofl. This team has no where near the talent that team does. And comparing Dak to Mahomes is a flipping joke. Its sad to see the gap in talent between both teams
  • they were playing houston..........:lmao2: at home!
  • lets see how they fare against Tenn

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Put Mahomes in Dallas and Dak in KC and we are saying that KC has nowhere near our talent.

That QB is special.

lol what bull **** , its easy to throw balls to wide open WRs who all run 4.3, talk to me after the Titans game.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dak doesn't need to be as good as Mahommes, as long as our defense can hold their own and our offense can score.
Don't worry, Dak ain't. The moment we turned the offense into a Passing Happy Offense we got in trouble. Mahomes has a TE that can get downfield, we refused to play ours.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I already said that. This team is nowhere near as talented as everyone claims.
Chiefs are talented.
Titans are average, but well coached and physical.
49ers are great on defense, okay on offense, but have a hella of a coach and coordinators.
Dallas has none of the above. Not physical, not well coached (before McCarthy as of now), not talented (in NFL terms). Our team is slow. Every looks like they run with cement in their shoes. Look at the Chiefs. They are FAST! Vikings were fast. 49ers are fast.
We lack a playmaking DE. Play making LB. Play making CB (besides Lewis from time to time). Play making Safety. We lack a playmaking QB. We have a light switch RB. WR’s that are sometimes slow footed, occasionally drop passes, but good for the most part. Our TE’s are average AT BEST. What does Dallas have that makes your eyes pop besides maybe Zeke? Nothing.

Good post... This is just me but I personally think Zeke is damn lucky Jerry is the owner and not me... Had someone on my team decided not to show up at training camp and hold out like Zeke did (when he had a year to go on his rookie contract) I would have sat him out and parted ways. That is the most disrespect I've ever seen.... Jones didn't have to cave in. I know the new money starts next year but he still had a year to play under his current contract. I don't care if Zeke is the best RB in the league. This is a team sport so his personal accolades mean nothing to me... Tank Lawrence is another one... I would have just let that idiot walk... He didn't even play to his potential. But that's Jerry's Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Baily Circus for you.

McCarthy wasn't my choice as to who should replace Garrett but I'll reserve my opinion on the hiring until after the next couple seasons pan out. I will say (as I've said in previous posts) I'm more excited about the Garrett exit than anything else.... Yes, McCarthy does have the ring and the championships on his resume so I do hope he can turn things around for us. And I will support him regardless of my opinion on the hiring. If after year 2 we're not (at the very least) in the NFC championship game, I think McCarthy should be gone. SB appearance or bust in year 3.

As for Dak and Cooper, I say let Cooper walk and franchise Dak. I've said this in previous posts. Take the chance and let's see what Dak does under McCarthy... If everything goes well, pay the man. But if it doesn't then we don't have to wait the additional 4 years for a change.

Carson

Reaction score
This reminds me so much of when Seattle when Wilson was on his rookie deal.

Once they pay Mahomes the most money any QB has earned, their dynamic will change. Damian Williams is a FA after this year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a great game to show just how crappy the NFL has become. O'Brien should have been fired right after that game and he actually made Garrett look better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Vrabel and the Titans wont be easy. Vrabel is in year 2 I think and just look what he has done. He has remade that team in his image...they are dangerous because they can run at will and THEY BELIEVE. If they can run clock on KC and score each time, they have a real chance to pull a huge upset. KC is all finesse on offense and honestly, that D isn't very good. I like Tenn to outright win. They have something KC doesn't have...a outstanding running game and stout D. Those 2 factors are hard to overcome.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Does it even matter who is coach rofl. This team has no where near the talent that team does. And comparing Dak to Mahomes is a flipping joke. Its sad to see the gap in talent between both teams
ignorant kneejerk reaction.. :facepalm:

NE reined for a decade or more and finally a new player(s) in town , this doesnt make them unbeatable.. jeez the years when Montana, manning, Aikmans, Farves, Youngs, Elways ,and many others had the Teams to beat.. it doesnt mean the talent gap is that big, their defense is a joke, gave up 24 points in a QTR.. if not for Mahomes they lose that game.. having an elite QB is reserved for what 1-4 teams a decade? their ST and Degfnse is not special they have a loaded offense similar to say a Kurt warner led greatest who on turf team, how long did that last, a few weeks back Lamar Jacksons and the ravens were headed to the SB and no one can stop them, right?

like whats been mentioned we are more in the teams area code like the Titans etc we can compete and hope the new staff can bring us a special year or two..

I think fans like you get emotional living in a moment and forget sports have always had teams like this ie Lakers big run, MJs Bulls, GS Warriors and teams eventually challenge them..its KC turn for sure but they didnt make the SB last year...

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Our offense doesn’t score against good teams. I know the stats will get people confused but against good teams we didn’t do much outside of 2 games this year. The much maligned D actually did respectable against good teams in limiting points even though they seem to do just enough to get a lot of blame
But our Ds main drawback is bend bend and then finally break at the most in opportune time.(thank god , no more Rod)
Also , little turnovers so no short fields for O. I hope the mike nolans D create more turnovers and provide short fields , our win loss ratio would improve tremendously.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak isn’t better than Mahomes. But that doesn’t mean much. What’s Mahoney won . You puttin this kid in the HOF is crazy until he does something
Who put him the HOF? I didn't so maybe you should the poster that did sir. If he keeps at this trajectory he will be a HOF but I'm pretty sure I didn't say he was one currently. Dak not being as good means a lot or at least something more accurately as far as this specific convo comparing qb's goes and that's what most of these threads are doing.