Against Philly

BlueWave

Reaction score
Against Philly we really must come out differently. I would not mind seeing a two minute, no huddle, spread offense. Something has to give here. If we keep coming out conventional and conservative, they may route us in Dallas.

Anyone have any ideas? I know for a fact Bledsoe will not hide his dissatisfaction with the offensive game plan. He's a firey leader who have been in the league for 11 seasons now. He will not hesitate to voice his opinion strongly to Peyton and Parcells. I just hope they listen. We cannot go in running Jones for a two yard average, and fall behind Philly double digits.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I hope we come out fired up and going for it all.

Doubt it will happen, though.

Parcells is just too damn stubborn. :banghead:

notherbob

Reaction score
Gotta give Oakland credit for a well-coached, well played game. They defended their turf and took the game to the Pokes. The Raiders are a lot better team this year than last.

Our hopes for this new team have led to unrealistic expectations for a team that has a lot of new vets and raw rookies, not to mention a bunch of new coaches running a new defensive scheme who really haven't played together that long. They will come together and get better as the season wears on. When this team learns to play together it will become very good, but that doesn't happen overnight.

These are all close games, nobody's getting blown out. Sooner or later they're going to start winning those close games and that's when their season will start to come together.

All that being said, I thought they got pushed around pretty good out there today by a talented team who wanted the win more. The Boys could neither establish the run nor stop it well enough. Likewise with the passing game, and Oakland was supposed to have a suspect secondary. This was not one of Bledsoe's best days, but it wasn't him alone, this was a team loss - players and coaches alike.

Sigh* There's always next week. Er, ah, um, that's the Eagles isn't it?? Hmmmm.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Ya know what? I don't think the Eagles blow us out at all. I think we'll have to endure another close finish for the fifth consecutive week. I also think we win

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we approach the Philly game offensively the way we have the first 4 games, we will be so far behind so fast it could get pretty ugly.