Aggies CHOKE

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
After a lifetime of frustration with ASU football I became something of a Texas A&M fan after my daughter attended A&M on a grad student program. I got caught up in the whole atmosphere spending time moving my daughter there, visiting, etc. Watching this monumental meltdown just gave me bad memories of our Dallas Cowboys similar breakdowns against Green Bay & Detroit over the last few years. Kind of put a damper on my day.
Oh well.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Im a Horns homer, my bro is an aggies homer, both of us are out on a ledge after this weekend......sumlin should be gone. Blowing a 34 pt 2nd half lead is unforgivable.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Sumlin shouldn't even be allowed on the plane ride home...the AD should just call him right now and get it over with. He's done and there is nothing he can do about it...

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
TexAM didn't run down the play clock on offense and they dropped like 5 INTs in the 4th quarter besides not covering the TE the whole game

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yet another wasted A&M season. They made a mistake joining the SEC from a competitive standpoint. Their season is over.

For the record, I am neither a Longhorn nor Aggie

yimyammer

Reaction score
It was 44-10 in the 3rd.

That's crazy.

When it was 38-10 so early, I was thinking this could be one of those crazy college come backs where the team in the lead lets up on the gas and then I thought, naw and changed the channel. o_O

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Since the rivalry has been dead a few years now, I actually dont hate the Aggies anymore as a Horns fan.....All I could think tonight was how the two most embarrassing losses of the weekend were Texas and Baylor, and if TAM blows this huge lead its just one more Giant L for the state as a whole.....its gettin ugly, all the talent that our great state produces we should always have at least one school competing for a NC every season......

bigbob

Reaction score
What the heck happened, I bailed when it was 38-10?
Yeah me too then later on the news I saw that they lost the game 4544 that's that's a joke I switched over to the Virginia game between the two virginias and that was a pretty good game

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
TexAM didn't run down the play clock on offense and they dropped like 5 INTs in the 4th quarter besides not covering the TE the whole game
Yep, just like against Tennessee last year, huge lead late in the game and AM is calling pass plays and snapping the ball with :17 seconds left on the play clock with game clock running....clueless

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As a former student and player at A&M, I have become all too accustomed to the late game and late season collapses. Year-end and year-out, they have attracted great talent, often ending up in the top 20 and, dare I say it, the top 10 in recruiting. I pride myself in being a fair and balanced fan, but I am ready to jump on the "fire Sumlin" bandwagon.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Just watched the replay and I normally don't pay much attention to announcers but my gawd were they over doing the Rosen, Rosen, CHOSEN ROSEN, Rosen, ROSEN, Rosen, BRILLIANT ROSEN...or what?!?!? (If there was a drinking game called Rosen where you had to drink every time an ESPN announcer said Rosen, a lot of people would be in the hospital after that game)

I don't know how to evaluate talent but I don't see what was so amazing about Rosen, the Aggies D played like ****, missed tackles, should have intercepted a ball that ended up as a TD, etc, etc

Still coming back from this point was pretty amazing for the UCLA team (NOT JUST Rosen)

l9TWwBn.jpg

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It was almost TOO easy for Rosen...it's like the A&M defense quit on Sumlin and were tanking. WRs were wide open, he was just throwing balls up in the air and a UCLA WR would come down with it. I hope him and Darnold have great seasons, it would be nice to have two prototype NFL QB prospects dominate CFB this season, in an era where it's usually been spread/Air Raid QBs

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
its gettin ugly, all the talent that our great state produces we should always have at least one school competing for a NC every season......

That's what I don't understand...

Between the large population of the state and the massive popularity of HS football to have the big college programs within the state seem to come up meh year after year is mind numbing.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
Texas A&M also played press man to man on the WRs. not a good way to keep the ball in front of you. plus as mentioned couldnt cover middle of field. TE and slot WR killed them

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
That's what I don't understand...

Between the large population of the state and the massive popularity of HS football to have the big college programs within the state seem to come up meh year after year is mind numbing.
I think the talent simply gets spread out too much, the Florida schools get players to stay home but they also get great players from all over, California has the same problem Texas has, lots of talent but gets spread out between several universities and neighboring states. It's not necessarily that simple and there are a lot of dynamics in play but that seems like the "simple" answer to me

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the talent simply gets spread out too much, the Florida schools get players to stay home but they also get great players from all over, California has the same problem Texas has, lots of talent but gets spread out between several universities and neighboring states. It's not necessarily that simple and there are a lot of dynamics in play but that seems like the "simple" answer to me

I wonder how much of a problem it is with out of state colleges raiding Texas players... Probably quite a bit.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Yet another wasted A&M season. They made a mistake joining the SEC from a competitive standpoint. Their season is over.

For the record, I am neither a Longhorn nor Aggie
they couldn't compete in the Big 12 either.